Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 60'S SCHOTT "ONE STAR" PERFECTO SZ.42

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Amazing Jacket, but clearing the closet!

This is an amazing Schott Perfecto model 613 or 618 "One Star", size 42.

Made of steerhide, with an absolutely gorgeous tea core patina and grain.

I assume this jacket is from the 60's: it has the black Perfecto tag, rounded epaulets, vinyl internal waistband.

All zippers are original and in working order.

Just a few loosen stiches at the back, but the jacket is in an overall excellent condition for it's age.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-039-s-schott-618-613-One-Star-sz-42-/182571418807?

FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 823
I'm curious why do leather jackets patina to a tea core? How does this happen?

Short answer: Because they're brown jackets that have quite literally been painted black.

If it hadn't been submerged into dye during the tanning process, the initial color of leather is anything from gray to brown (depends on the method of tanning). In order to make it black, the tannery will add a black finish to the surface of the hide. Since this finish - think of it as a layer of paint - doesn't penetrate very deep into the hide (if at all), it gets rubbed off with time and use, revealing the natural color of the leather beneath.

ksozay

One Too Many
If anyone is interested, I also have a 42 and 44 in this jacket available. Mint condition, amazing patina. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy