Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Aero J-106 sz. 40

As stated, for sale, Aero J-106 black FQHH jacket in size 40. Two months old, it hasn't been worn more than 10 times. Needless to say, the jacket is in a basically new condition.

Made by Julie Leitch, this jacket has been extensively modified to resemble the Buco J-21/22, so it's really one of a kind out there. Some of the mods include inside sleeve zipper, back pillion pockets, inside kidney panel belt loop, deleted zipper piping on the D-pocket and pillion pockets, Rob Roy heavyweight tartan lining, one piece bottom sleeve panel, etc., etc. Again, see photos. Hardware is a mix of brass and nickel. Chain pulls on all zippers.
Entirely subjective, but the FQHH this one is made of is the nicest I've ever seen from Aero. It's the grainy, substantial sort, with plenty of character. See photos for details.

Before the inevitable question pops up - I'm selling the jacket because they've ruined it for me. While I believe that 24 inches is a good length for this sort of jacket, everyone and their dog commented how the jacket's too short for me. So many people have said it that I no longer feel comfortable wearing it. It's stupid, I know, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been through that. On top of that, my significant other is absolutely hating it due to the shortness and the bling, so I've stopped wearing it altogether. Maybe it really is too short, I don't know. If it is, I've ****ed up. Either way, the jacket's been sitting in the closet for the last month and a half, and I reckon if that isn't a very clear indicator it's time to let it go, I don't know what is. It clearly wasn't meant to be.

More photos: http://s866.photobucket.com/user/DogLizard/library/J-10624/24

Measurements:
Pit to pit: 57cm / 22.5 inch
Waist: 51cm / 20 inch
Back length: 61cm / 24 inch
Sleeve length: 66cm / 26 inch
Shoulders: 46 cm / 18.5 inch

I'm asking for £470 shipped to Europe (for US/elsewhere, I'd have to calculate). Please do note that the jacket's quite literally as new. Not a nick or a scratch anywhere on it, still as stiff as it was out of the box, just a few creases on the sleeves, is all. Buyer will receive the jacket in the original box Aero has mailed it to me, you'll get all the paperwork (so you can be sure of the date of production), tags and all that stuff. Perfection of a jacket, nicest I've ever seen, just for a slightly shorter bloke, turns out.

Willing to trade for a good, quality CR in a very reasonable condition, in size 40 or 42. Schott (HH preferably), Vanson, Aero, AL, etc. is all fine.

For any additional photos or info or whatever you may want, drop me a PM.

Thanks for looking and cheers!

Last edited:

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Nooooo this was supposed to be your grail :( I'm sad to see you're letting it go. But if it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be. Good luck on the sell, my friend!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
It's short, but that's one jacket that you can wear short. Count me as one of those who thought it looked the business. The rock n' rollers wear em like that, and that should be the only fit test that matters.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
If you want, I'll trade you my Johnson for it. Nearly identical measurements but 26" length and 27" sleeves. I actually prefer yours and feel mine's a bit long for the style. It's a jacket like the J106 though.

Last edited:
Mendel, yep, it was supposed to be the grail but this just proves how silly it is to plan anything at all... :)

Nick, I really do appreciate the offer, but it would appear I have to wear CR's now... Otherwise, I'd keep it, despite the length issue.

Best damn jacket I've ever had and one of the best I've seen. If only I didn't mess up the length... 24.5", too long, 24" too short. That's life...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats