Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Aero Leather Ridley jacket with factory customizations. Size 40

nicholo

New in Town
Selling my Aero Leathers Ridley jacket with full action back. Ordered from Thurston Brothers. I basically spec'd it to be as close to the Real McCoy's J24 as close as possible. Only thing missing is the size zips on the side panel.

Asking $850, shipping within continental US and Canada included. Additional $25 to ship to all other countries.

No tears or scratches on the leather, all zips fully functional. Condition

Factory customizations:
length increased by 1/2 inch, waist brought in by 1/2 inch. Additional inner pocket on the inside left chest. Exposed zipper on the D pocket.
Full action back for more mobility.
Leather: tumbled front quarter horsehide with brown core.

My own customization:
snap buttons on the back to keep the belt in place
snap button on the bottom zip anchor - helps to keep the strain off the zip anchor when sitting with the jacket is zipped up.

Measurements:
Pit to pit: 21 inches
length: 26 inches
waist: 19 inches

For reference, I weigh 175lbs, height is 5ft 10.

DSC01526.jpg DSC01513.jpg DSC01514.jpg DSC01515.jpg DSC01516.jpg DSC01518.jpg DSC01523.jpg DSC01525.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01514.jpg
    DSC01514.jpg
    885.4 KB · Views: 656

nicholo

New in Town
Nice jacket. At that price, I wonder why you did not go for the LW j23?

I do remember looking at the LW when I was about to buy. To be honest, I don't quite remember why I went with Thurston, but I didn't regret it at all. Carrie was fantastic to work with and the jacket is amazing. Selling because I ended up picking up another one with a lighter leather.

nicholo

New in Town
Out of curiosity is grainy good/bad, or more in the nature of an observation? Genuinely asking, new to leather jackets and trying to get a feel for what to look for.

I think it's purely a matter of preference. Some people like the more textured look of leather, giving it more character. Some prefer the smoother look. But either way, they all develop beautiful texture/creasing as it ages from wear.

nattevagten

One of the Regulars
Out of curiosity is grainy good/bad, or more in the nature of an observation? Genuinely asking, new to leather jackets and trying to get a feel for what to look for.

There's no right answer here. My Simmons Bilt cross-zip is almost as grainy and I absolutely hate it, whereas some people seem to love the ultra grainy look. Personally much prefer smoother hides.

VonTr4pp

New in Town
This jacket was absolute fire. I didn't see shoulder measurements, but this is such a great piece, kind of shocked you wanted to sell it. The customization you did was great. We're the same height and weight so I'm kicking myself for missing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ