Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Conformateur and Formillion

tomasbenaventeh

New in Town
Allie Maillard Conformateur and Formillion

Price reduced-$2200 for both pieces.

Dear John, hope you are well

I am Tomás Benavente from Chile. I am contact you because I am interested in your Allie Maillard Conformateur and Formillion for Sale. PLease tell me if you still have it, the condition of the machine and the final price of it.*

Best Regards.
Tomás

A tool for gauging not only the size, but also the exact shape, of the head for bespoke hatmaking.

Conformateur_fitting.gif

That's downright impressive! Thanks for the explanation, Baron Kurtz. This had me entirely perplexed as it looks rather unpleasant. Never imagined such a thing would exist, but now I can see why this would be pretty much essential for the trade. I guess hat making is much more serious business than I thought.

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
These devices are a remarkable example of nineteenth century design. Or are they actually older than that? What do the FL historians say? They really work in helping to create a customized fit, because most of us have lopsided heads.

Haha, Worf, normally I'd wait for someone else too but I was just too baffled at this. Despite the couch, I couldn't even determine the size is this thing, let alone speculate its use! Horrible antique brain surgery device... thing was the closest I got. Oddity, indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy