Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Are all of those jackets in the Instagram link yours? That Thedi "Hunter" looks amazing, as does the 30's sheepskin. That is one insanely amazing collection.

Thanks, I still own about 80% of them. I recently started selling a couple because I have more jackets coming in and 0 spare closet room.

If you had to get rid of them all and keep only one for life, which would it be?

Man that's a thought one. Impossible to choose only one. If I got to keep two they would be the Montgomery ward and the Field Leathers.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Fit’s perfect and does not look too big at all. Any tighter and you would a) have the sausage look which my suit a racing jacket or superhero outfit but not this style of jacket and b) would be uncomfortable to wear as the style doesn‘t offer underarm or back gussets for extra mobility. That bit of extra leather in the back is what allows you to reach out for your door knob.

As for it being too long, I disagree. It covers your belt and you can still access your jeans pockets, that‘s the perfect sweet spot. Shorter jackets can be tapered more agressively at the waist as they don‘t fall over your broader hipbone and that may look great on a Brando biker jacket but an agressive taper on a style like this? Doesn‘t work, would look off, so no point in chopping off any length in the body and leave the jacket unwearable with a lower raise jeans. Also, the shorter the jacket, the more odd it looks when paired with a non-tucked in t-shirt or over a sweater, so yeah, this is just perfect as it is.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Fit’s perfect and does not look too big at all. Any tighter and you would a) have the sausage look which my suit a racing jacket or superhero outfit but not this style of jacket and b) would be uncomfortable to wear as the style doesn‘t offer underarm or back gussets for extra mobility. That bit of extra leather in the back is what allows you to reach out for your door knob.

As for it being too long, I disagree. It covers your belt and you can still access your jeans pockets, that‘s the perfect sweet spot. Shorter jackets can be tapered more agressively at the waist as they don‘t fall over your broader hipbone and that may look great on a Brando biker jacket but an agressive taper on a style like this? Doesn‘t work, would look off, so no point in chopping off any length in the body and leave the jacket unwearable with a lower raise jeans. Also, the shorter the jacket, the more odd it looks when paired with a non-tucked in t-shirt or over a sweater, so yeah, this is just perfect as it is.
I really appreciate you being so detailed in your opinion. You guys have really made me feel good about this jacket tonight, and now that I think about it, everything you're saying makes sense. Thanks, man.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic looking jacket - I love the leather color and jacket style. Frontside looks like a perfect fit IMO and also the backside looks good (maybe a bit boxy but IMO nothing to complain about as this is probably because of the jacket style/construction). Sleeves are on the short end but still OK. I would definitely keep it. Sizing down is IMO no option.

scurvyfreedman

Familiar Face
I ordered the same model with different leather and some other differences, but if it comes back fitting that well, I'll be happy. I probably had the same fit jacket as you, but I needed to go the other way. I asked for it to be half-way between the medium and the large for the shoulders and chest. The medium was too constricting and the shoulders didn't lay flat b/c they were too narrow. I'm still awaiting delivery. But, if it comes in as good as yours, I'll be pleased.

Remember, this isn't tailoring. The fit doesn't have to be as perfect as a suit to look good.

I ordered mine in espresso buffalo FWIW.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Fantastic looking jacket - I love the leather color and jacket style. Frontside looks like a perfect fit IMO and also the backside looks good (maybe a bit boxy but IMO nothing to complain about as this is probably because of the jacket style/construction). Sleeves are on the short end but still OK. I would definitely keep it. Sizing down is IMO no option.
Thanks, Robbie. I'm definitely okay with the sleeves, since sleeves going beyond my wrist on any garment is one of my biggest pet peeves in life. But yeah, the jacket is really growing on me, and I'm sure that in two or three more days I'll be completely in love with it.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
I ordered the same model with different leather and some other differences, but if it comes back fitting that well, I'll be happy. I probably had the same fit jacket as you, but I needed to go the other way. I asked for it to be half-way between the medium and the large for the shoulders and chest. The medium was too constricting and the shoulders didn't lay flat b/c they were too narrow. I'm still awaiting delivery. But, if it comes in as good as yours, I'll be pleased.

Remember, this isn't tailoring. The fit doesn't have to be as perfect as a suit to look good.

I ordered mine in espresso buffalo FWIW.
I think that was a big problem of mine, that I DID think of it as tailoring. But you're right, this isn't a suit, and since I want it to be comfortable for life, I should be happier than a pig in shit with how it turned out. And buffalo! Nice, man. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out, so hopefully you post pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch