Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Size 7 5/8 LO Stetson Twenty Mode Edge Grey Stingy Fur Felt Fedora

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is a very nice hat. Great hand to the felt and nice versatile color. No mothing or staining that I can see except for some very light wear on the sweatband and liner and some marks under the brim, see photos. Hat appears clean to me.

Currently creased as a porkpie but can easily be dry creased in any standard form.

Measurements:
Crown height when open: 5"
Brim width: 1 3/4"
Ribbon width: 1 7/8"
Crown opening front to back: 8 1/2"
Crown opening side to side: 6 5/8"
Circumference from ellipse calculator: 23.8"
Fit feel: Feels like a larger size 7 5/8, definitely long oval in shape.

IMG_6507.JPG

IMG_6508.JPG

IMG_6509.JPG

IMG_6510.JPG

IMG_6511.JPG

IMG_6512.JPG

IMG_6513.JPG

IMG_6514.JPG

IMG_6515.JPG

IMG_6516.JPG

$100 shipped in the USA. PM me if you are outside the US and I'll let you know the shipping cost.

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
You got any 7 3/4 hats left? AND that Biltmore you sold me made for Miller hats was that an "Open Road" copy or some other style? Just curious. Lovin' that Biltmore.

Worf

casechopper

Hi Worf,
I think the hat I sold you was a Miller? It was an open road style with the thin ribbon and wide brim but the crown was a bit lower than most OR's that I've seen.

I have a Resistol San Antonio with a bit of wear and a Mallory durafelt fedora that are both 7 3/4 and aren't getting too much head time. They've both been well used but still have lots of life. The Mallory could really do with a good cleaning.

Mallory $110 shipped
IMG_7819.JPG

IMG_6678.JPG

IMG_6675.JPG

IMG_6458.JPG

IMG_6467.JPG

IMG_6468.JPG

Resistol - $125 shipped.
IMG_5376.JPG

IMG_2901.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Do you recommend sending them "out" to be cleaned or the home naptha bath treatment? I own neither a Resistol nor a Mallory at the moment. Let me ruminate....

Worf

casechopper

I actually haven't ever had a hat cleaned (other than a good brushing). I tend to just wear the dirtier hats as beaters.

I would probably lean towards sending it out for cleaning unless you have a bunch of hats to clean all at one time. Otherwise the naptha costs and hassle probably aren't worth it.

The Resistol San Antonio doesn't need a cleaning and has an almost new sweatband. I bought it from GTDean here on the forum and he'd sent it out to have the sweatband replaced. The liner is a bit marked up and beatup and I've been wearing it without the liner (I'd actually have to dig around a bit to find the liner). It does have some staining.

casechopper

Some liners are but most are stuck in with a few drops of hot glue. Pull carefully and you can remove the liner without damaging the felt and then the hat is a bit cooler for wearing in the summer. The liner can be placed back in the hat and will stay in place held by the sweatband when you want it in the hat.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Wore the Resistol today. Fab, even without the liner... beautiful hat. Love it!!!! Would you call it another "Open Road" Clone?

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner