Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS:VINTAGE ART! 1873 Harpers Weekly railroad cartoon in vintage frame!

agent5

New in Town
247610131_0a2b4d6507_b.jpg

247611208_249e3d6c2d_b.jpg

Up for sale is a framed cartoon or 'supplemental' to Harpers Weekly from September 20th of the year 1873. This is sealed inside of a vintage frame so I have no idea how to prove it to be authentic but it is slightly yellowed and when looking at it closely you can see the indentations of the letters on the back of the page. I am assuming it is authentic and has been framed for quite some time. The frame itself has a few dings as you can see in the pics but it is still in great shape and can be made to look like new very quickly and with little skill. The cartoon depicts life aboard railroad transportation in 1873 complete with a smoking car and a bar car. Oh, how things have changed. :rolleyes:

This would make a great gift for any collector of Harpers Weekly, antiques or train/railroad memorabelia as well. It's just a great piece of art and it's already in a nice, vintage wood and glass frame. I got this years ago from my Grandmother and I just don't have the wall space.

I'm asking $50 shipped anywhere in the U.S. If outside the U.S., please contact me for details. Insurance is recommended.

mcddyea

New in Town
railroad cartoon

I'm interested in your railroad cartoon. As I'm a railroad conductor on a narrow gauge railroad, it's really appealing to me. Over the years I've encountered many of the same situations depicted in the cartoon. Please contact me.

John McDermott

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Bartender Note:

Neither of you have the required 15 posts to enable receiving private messages.
You can post an email address here where either or both may be reached.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24