Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funny Stuff!

MCrider

A-List Customer
Today I'm driving home from work (wearing what I've termed my Stetson beater) and I see this gentleman walking alongside the road. What caught my eye was the trench coat he was wearing. OD green with a nice cut and boy did it look good on him. Then as I got closer and could see better, he had on his head... ready for this? A baseball cap - turned backwards!!! :eusa_doh:
Poor guy almost got run over as I was laughing so hard. Now normally I don't make fun of others as a rule, but this was such a bizarre combination that I couldn't help myself.
So my question to everyone here is: What have you seen that's given you a bit of laughter?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
lol lol Okay, driving by the Seattle waterfront on my way home, my carpool buddy and me drove past a Guy in an electric(and I mean ELECTRIC) blue 3 piece suit with matching shoes and fedora..............riding a Segwaylol He looked like a really lazy pimp

This afternoon at the local Value Village ("the thrift super store," as they call themselves), I spotted a bunch of new, in original packaging, "adventurer" costumes. Couldn't call it "Indiana Jones" without paying a licensing fee that likely would have cost more than the manufacturer spent on materials (this was out-and-out junk that probably wouldn't hold up to an evening of trick-or-treating). Got a chuckle out of it.

The place was doing a land office business today. My favorite sales clerk was wearing a shirt with "costume consultant" printed across its back.

handlebar bart said:
lol lol Okay, driving by the Seattle waterfront on my way home, my carpool buddy and me drove past a Guy in an electric(and I mean ELECTRIC) blue 3 piece suit with matching shoes and fedora..............riding a Segwaylol He looked like a really lazy pimp

Maybe I've seen that guy. Everything matches, except the Segway. But then, the guy I saw was stepping out of an elevator at Pacific Place, which is no place for a Segway, eh? Was your Electric Segwayman remarkably tall and thin?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
tonyb said:
Maybe I've seen that guy. Everything matches, except the Segway. But then, the guy I saw was stepping out of an elevator at Pacific Place, which is no place for a Segway, eh? Was your Electric Segwayman remarkably tall and thin?

There must be twolol This fella was a pretty good sized guy. My carpool buddy is now a fedora nut in training, moving up from being a newsboy wearer, so we now are both on the lookout as we drive thru downtown on our commute. This guy certainly stood out. I didn't realize you could get such a color matched set up, especially considering the gawdy brightness of the whole 'outfit'.

Jerekson

One Too Many
handlebar bart said:

Reminds me of Dumb and Dumber.

Great suits, yes...sense of style? Not so much.

stibbons

New in Town
MCrider said:
What caught my eye was the trench coat he was wearing. OD green with a nice cut and boy did it look good on him. Then as I got closer and could see better, he had on his head... ready for this? A baseball cap - turned backwards!!! :eusa_doh:

I suspect he's picked up inspiration from writer and director Kevin Smith. His Silent Bob character dresses an awful lot like that.
jayasbob3ij.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Not anything to do with hats but around Christmas time last year, I saw a bicycle rider, at night, and man was he safety conscious. He had reflectors all over himself and his bike, as well as blinking lights on his outfit and bike. Problem was, he was peddling down a busy little downtown street in front of houses and businesses that were ablaze with blinking lights. The poor guy couldn't have had better camouflage! You could barely make him out. He'd have been better off wearing all black since at least driver's could avoid his silhouette! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy