Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gallery- Akubra Federation IV

jpbales

Practically Family
Fed IV Standard, Carbon Gray

FederationSideAngle.jpg

FederationIVFront.jpg

FederationIVSide.jpg

FederatinoIVTopSide.jpg

61JimmyChattanoogaView.jpg

MCrider

A-List Customer
My moonstone Federation IV

I agree that this gallery idea is definitely a good one! So to help populate it, here's an earlier shot of my moonstone Fed IV

S5030530.jpg

MattJH

One Too Many

Federation IV Standard - Carbon Grey:

01-federation-grey.jpg

02-federation-grey.jpg

soaked.jpg

05-federation-grey.jpg

Federation IV Standard - Dark Brown:

02-federation-creased.jpg

06-federation-creased.jpg

10-federation-creased.jpg

akubra-federation-standard-IV-snow.jpg

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
Okay, so I've finally got all five Federation IVs lined up in fleet formation waiting for approval from Admiral Goose :)

I've taken a number of shots from a number of different angles and tried to keep everything as consistent as possible so that the colours are represented accurately.

So there they are....

Straight on, L-R Tawny Fawn, Brown, Moonstone, Carbon, Black:

3599452784_3018a69f3b_b.jpg

Slight overhead to show the creases, note how they are all a little different despite the fact that I was doing them all the same way:

3599447118_176002b002_b.jpg

Straight on in a "V" pattern, L-R Carbon, Moonstone, Brown, Tawny Fawn, Black:

3599463046_7ba3d76dfe_b.jpg

Same but from slightly overhead:

3598654475_dd2c154d32_b.jpg

And two shots down the side, F-B Tawny Fawn, Brown, Moonstone, Carbon, Black:

3598642459_37eda6d699_b.jpg

3598640729_2822c6f530_b.jpg

Mitral

New in Town
Impressive Display

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but this is quite the impressive display! People who are just trying to find their way in this new world of hats certainly appreciate the effort and attention to detail. hats off to you! :yo:

I must ask, how did you shape your Fed IV's? I really like your style/shape vs the bashed look. Did you shape them yourself or have them professionally blocked?

Thanks for the images!!!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but this is quite the impressive display! People who are just trying to find their way in this new world of hats certainly appreciate the effort and attention to detail. hats off to you! :yo:

I must ask, how did you shape your Fed IV's? I really like your style/shape vs the bashed look. Did you shape them yourself or have them professionally blocked?

Thanks for the images!!!

Bit of a terminology mixup here I think? Creasing/shaping a hat is the same as "bashing" a hat; it's a synonym. "Blocking" a hat is the process of giving the unshaped felt cone/hood into, traditionally, what we would know as an open crown hat. Modern day hats are blocked into a creased shape (E.G.; any modern Stetson hat), but those blocks don't result in lines as clean or as tight as the ones above.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
No kidding! Sad that not a soul responded to that effort . . . until now!

Gorgeous photo, FurFeltFedora, if you're still here.
Actually that was right around the time I joined the Lounge, and he posted all those same pics in several different threads. On one of them I thanked him for going to all that trouble. He replied "Just trying to give back a little of what I've gained here." Nice guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot