Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gee Bee Z Air Racer Rocketeer Racing Airplane Vintage Porcelain Metal Sign

Jupiter

New in Town
image.jpeg
View attachment 149868 View attachment 149868 This ad is for an honest-to-goodness vintage-style 10" by 14" heavy gauge porcelain enamel sign with brass riveted corners just like from the days before World War 2. I tracked down one of the last porcelain sign manufacturers in the country... and found that they are right here in Cleveland in an old brick factory on East 65th St., not far from the Burke Lakefront Airport where airplanes raced back in the Thirties in the Cleveland National Air Races! This factory has been hand-making porcelain industrial signs the traditional old-fashioned way for almost a hundred years, and the company and I worked together to transform my own artwork into a sign that looks as fresh as 1931.

If you enjoyed Disney's terrific 1991 American period adventure film The Rocketeer, then you will recognize the Gee Bee Z airplane as the one Cliff Secord flies at the beginning of the movie. One of my friends is a Rocketeer fan and has a small collection of items related to the film on display in his den... I gave him one of these signs, and boy does it look nice with the other stuff!

(I guess I should point out that nowhere on this sign does it say "Rocketeer," nor am I or the sign associated with the film or Disney in any way. This is my own creation and presentation of the fabulous Gee Bee Z as it appeared in 1931, and I only mention The Rocketeer because I know so many people here on the Lounge are into the Rocketeer... including me!)

So the factory made several of them for me. Thirty bucks each and you too can have one hanging on your wall.

My price includes FREE SHIPPING to your US address from beautiful Chardon, Ohio.

Feel free to ask any questions at all.

Kind regards,

Jupiter

Moderators and fellow Loungers - please let me know if I have goofed in any way with this ad... this classifieds section is new to me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner