Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen: The most beautiful actress from the beginning of film up to the 50's....

mikepara

Practically Family
Wow! I've been away for a while and come back to this beauty of a thread.
talking of beauty here's Sylvia Syms mmmmmmm.
icecold3.jpg
[/IMG]

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Loretta Young, Audrey Hepburn, and my absolute favorite, Vivien Leigh-those eyes, my goodness, those eyes...

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
For blondes? Garbo, Lombard, Kelly. For Brunettes? Myrna, Ava, Liz. For redheads? Rita Hayworth. Sohpia Loren defies all attempts at categorization--if in doubt, just watch "Houseboat."

Edward

Bartender
Smuterella said:
do my eyes deceive me, is there no Marilyn in this thread?

I've often wondered if i'm alone here.... but..... to be quite honest, much as I loved her films...... I've never found Marilyn Monroe to be the slightest bit sexy. A true icon, a great image, but..... I never actually fancied her at all. I guess it was all those simpering, simple-girl types she played - not my type at all.

[huh]

Avalon

A-List Customer
*sticks head in for a moment*

Clara Bow, Louise Brooks, Jean Harlow, Hedy Lamarr, Carole Lombard

*removes head and allows gentlemen to reclaim thread*

Taz-man

Familiar Face
I vote for Jean Harlow. I like her so much that I am basing a character in my book to look just like her.

olive bleu

One Too Many
I personally believe that Lucille Ball was quite underated. It is so easy to think of her as only quirky, "Lucy Ricardo"..and to forget she was actually very beautiful..

tumblr_lip3fzLmPe1qf6jy9o1_500.jpg

Copy_of_roberta5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot