Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen: The most beautiful actress from the beginning of film up to the 50's....

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
My favorite will always be:

7z2tyi54outb7b2o.jpg

Lauren Bacall

I fell in love with her in the movie "To Have and Have Not". Bogie was a lucky man.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Fun thread! So many to choose from, I cant narrow it down.

I'm partial to Hedy Lamar and Dorothy Lamour. I think both are stunning.

Sue Lyon is beautiful too.
Natalie Wood had dreamy eyes.
Carol Baker was lovely.
Grace Kelley had stunning beauty.
Leslie Caron was one of my all-time favorites. (Loved the French accent).
For an earlier starlet, Clara Bow was just drop-dead sexy imo.

Philip Adams

One of the Regulars
I'm sure all of these names have been mentioned before but here's my list (in no particular order):

Grace Kelly
Ingrid Bergman
Audrey Hepburn

And from an earlier era - Louise Brooks...

rene_writer

Familiar Face
I'm a lady, but I am enjoying the pics on this thread. They just don't make them like this anymore. The only two modern actresses I can think of that even compare are Charlize Theron and Keri Russell. What has changed?

But to answer the original question, Maureen O'Hara, Grace Kelly, Olivia DeHaviland, and Joan Fontaine are my favorites.

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
My all time favorit is and forever will be the forementioned Vivien Leigh. She was a goddess. But 2nd place for me is the almost forgotten Virginia Cherrill. She was the blind girl in Charlie Chaplins City Lights. I saw her and was completely lost:

VirginiaCherril.jpg

I can't decide who's coming in on 3rd place. There are just too many...

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
If it counts that a person being on film would qualify for this (being a star in my eyes) I would have to vote my Mom! Yep. Have to admit it, she was...HOT in her day. And I do recall my Dad having one of those key winder movie camera's for filming the family on vacations.....

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have to agree with many of the choices in this thread, especially Vivian Leigh, Loretta Young, Veronica Lake, and Ava Gardner. But I just happened across this lovely lady in another thread and did some research and came up with these pictures which took my breath away:

Simone Simon

600full-simone-simon.jpg

sjff_03_img1345.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot