Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Get Well Soon, HoosierDaddy.

HD is home from the hospital.

HoosierDaddy via Facebook said:
Thought I'd let you know that I just got home from the hospital(so glad)! It could be much worse. Details later as I must rest up now. Thank you for your thoughts and concern. I can't read all the responses quiet yet..but I am overwhelmed. BTW...I did spend my birthday with my kids and grandkids..but in the hospital room.
Like · · Share · 11 minutes ago near Anderson, IN

Thank you very much for all the kind comments. I appreciate them very much.
..and thanks Tom.
I had high blood pressure..and didn't know it...and had been working hard at yardwork in the heat. Friday night I was cleaning up my MC for a weekend ride. Took about 4 hrs to get it extra shiny. Guess I pushed myself to hard(not knowing it). Came in the house to cool off and relax.. Got on the computer for about 30 min to rest(Actually I was on the FL). Started to get out of my chair,,and couldn't. Figured my legs were just weak and sore from stooping and squatting down cleaning the bike. Finally gave extra effort to get up and when starting to walk my knees were wobbly. Finally when I spoke..my speech was tongue tied and slurred. So went to the hospital for several days. Tests tests tests..and sticking me everywear they could. Now I'm home taking several different meds..one for blood pressure which I'm sure I needed. Feeling better..but still off balance enough that I can't do much of anything right now. This was quite a shock for me since I am hardly ever sick..and am in good shape. At least they tested me all over..and everything else is in very good shape. Hell the body of a 20 yr old..!! HA. Except right now I walk and talk funny and must brush my teeth and shave left handed. Try that on for size if you'r right handed..!! This effected my right side making it very weak. So now I'm in recovery mode. People waiting on me hand and foot(kinda nice!)...but I do appreciate their caring..and you folks concern is the icing on the cake.
Thanks
Van

Happy you are improving and wishing (like everyone else) for a speedy full recovery. You need to remember that it is okay to relax every now and then, you are after all retired. Best wishes and a belated happy 20th!
:D

Peacoat

Bartender
Glad you are back home, HD. I have been telling you for years to stay away from motorcycles--they are dangerous. Now maybe you will believe me.

I have a ride this weekend, but your recent experience has convinced me to not clean mine, but to just ride as it is.

Have a Happy Fourth, PC.

Glad to hear you're okay!

Will they be giving you therapy? It helped my grandfather recover after his stroke.

No therapy..my speech is getting better as well as walking. Funny..it seems better sometimes but then not so good again other times. I do try to get up and walk across the house several times a day. I just seem weak and exhausted much of the time. I think it's just from the extra effort of trying to keep my balance and deal with what were once the simple natural things that now require a little work.
HD

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No therapy..my speech is getting better as well as walking. Funny..it seems better sometimes but then not so good again other times. I do try to get up and walk across the house several times a day. I just seem weak and exhausted much of the time. I think it's just from the extra effort of trying to keep my balance and deal with what were once the simple natural things that now require a little work.
HD
Oh, good news. :thumb:
It'll get better and better.. until you are all right.. better than all right.
(My uncle had a stroke - as he recovered he felt better that he was before it, so you are on a good road) lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner