Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gibson & Barnes Civil A-2 - Now Home

kevinblack

New in Town
Posted this on VLJ, worth repeating I think....

I ordered a G&B Civil A-2 goat from G&B in November to be picked up on my recent trip to USA. Wasn't really interested in Authenticity, just wanted a good jacket. After much deliberation regarding size (and sending measurements) ordered the 46R, my suit size. I'm 50ish with the middle age spread.

When I got to the hotel in San Diego on Friday the 21 Dec there was a message from G&B (Nyla Acton) to say they were shutting down lunchtime until the after Christmas, I'd be long gone. She said she had taken the jacket home and to giver her a call. Long story short, she personally delivered the jacket to my hotel, some distance from her home - fit was perfect thank God. Now that's going the extra mile.

The jacket is great although it's 40 deg centigrade here in OZ so I'm not likely to wear it for a few months. I was very concerned about size, but all worked out well. Personally I don't think they run big, but then I'm no 22 yo fighter pilot. It is comfortable without being 'baggy'. sleeve length is perfect and shoulder to shoulder right on. My Chest size is 45.5" and that is about right for the 46R. Jacket is heavier than I had anticipated, but my only frame of reference was the designer type jackets which are much flimsier and lighter. After giving the jacket a thorough going over, workmanship is excellent and leather quality superb.

A satisfied customer....

Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL