Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gin Lovers Unite!

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
I went to the Sipsmith distillery on Saturday night. And now I have a new favourite gin! The vodka was lovely too - I couldn't believe it was so good straight up, cooled but not chilled.

Good show! It's a great place to visit.
If you're a gin fan in London you might want to check out The Juniper Society or on Facebook here. Next one is on Monday 14th. There's a handful of Vintage/New Sheridan Club folks there too.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I've recently been enjoying Death's Door Gin from WI, USA. Has anyone else tried it?
I first tried it in Chicago a few years ago when it first came out. I liked it well enough (though I recall thinking:Is this stuff really good or do I just like it because I grew up sailing Death's Door..) but it wasn't widely available at the time and I kinda forgot about it, until it blew up and I started seeing it all over Manhattan.

Still, I've yet to buy a bottle, in fact I can't recall even seeing it in a liquor store. Hard to believe it made it across the pond.

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Personally, I am a Tanqueray fan, be it the "Rangpur", or "Ten" variety. My preference is for a lime wedge, and indian tonic.......oh, and a large glass!

I am quite tempted to try "No. 3 London Dry" though, does anyone have any reviews to share?

Cheers,

Danny O

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
I'm normally a Tanqueray guy, be it "Ten", or "Rangpur", but recently tried Berry's No. 3, in a Dry Martini. Very nice, I'm not converted, but a bottle is on order, to sit alongside the Tanq.

Danny O

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Oh YUSS! I didnt see this thread until I posted in the "what did you drink lastnight" thread! Gin and tonic is my favourite drink at the moment, I find it really refreshing :love:

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Oh YUSS! I didnt see this thread until I posted in the "what did you drink lastnight" thread! Gin and tonic is my favourite drink at the moment, I find it really refreshing :love:

It looks like you found it anyway! :) I find it very "moreish".......tall glass, some ice (not too much, otherwise there's not enough room for the gin!), lime wedge, Tanqueray Ten or Rangpur, topped up with Indian tonic.

It's early, but the sun is out, and I could just go pour one, now!

Gene

Practically Family
You know fellas and gals, all this talk about fancy gins gets me thinkin'. I am from the great state of Indiana (more a state of mind...if you like corn, soybeans, and basketball), and I must say that the gin I find myself drinking the most is Seagram's. Laugh if you must, but for the money and hangover factor, Seagram is my main man. In fact, I had the lime-infused Seagram's the other day, and it was fantastic with some nice Meijer-brand tonic. The gin purists may laugh, but I felt great the next day with no hangover and reveled in the fact that yes, it may be the bottom of the barrel, but it's the gin of choice for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko