Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
desi_de_lu_lu said:
I don't know who else uses Cacique. I had a coupon for 50% off of any bra or undergarment. I was looking at their body suits. I tried it on. It was too short in the torso.

Ugh. Junk. I couldn't find anything I could wear. Seriously. Not even a pair of undies.

*disappointed* :(

:eek:fftopic: AMAZING avatar!!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
V-Sweetheart said:
Hi I am new to FL. (I generally sit at home playing records or listening to the radio). I buy Girdlebound girdles but have also found summer weight girdles in Little Old Lady clothing catalogs. (Can't wear 30s without the proper shape, now can one.) I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to order Low back "long line" strapless bras. You know the bras that cover your torso to waist, but are cut really low in the back because the hooks and eyes attach close to your waist. Thanks.

I was looking for the EXACT same thing a few months ago!
I have a Goddess log line strapless. It isnt low back, so to speak, but the lady fitting me told me a trick:

Un-hook the top few hooks and tuck the excess underneath to the desired 'lowness' you want. It was ingenious! So there you go, and instant low back long line! :D

LD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lady Day said:
I have a Goddess log line strapless. It isnt low back, so to speak, but the lady fitting me told me a trick:

It's strange, because I've been looking for a regular longline bra recently, but every time I go into a store to ask, they always direct me to strapless, backless ones. Those are much more common and very easy to find, even at most department stores or shops like VS.

Pola Debevoise

New in Town
KittyT said:
Yes, that would be your best bet.
thanks kitty!

i was also wondering, does anyone know of any good exercises for shaping/toning the waist?
i really can't imagine wearing a cincher all the time, and i don't think it would agree too well with my love of large lunches out and gin and tonics with the girls! i think it'd have to be saved for special occasions!

if anyone has any good secrets for keeping their waists trim i'd love to hear them!

PS

A-List Customer
Pola Debevoise said:
thanks kitty!

i was also wondering, does anyone know of any good exercises for shaping/toning the waist?
i really can't imagine wearing a cincher all the time, and i don't think it would agree too well with my love of large lunches out and gin and tonics with the girls! i think it'd have to be saved for special occasions!

if anyone has any good secrets for keeping their waists trim i'd love to hear them!

Callanetics.

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
I just received my Triumph Doreen bra in the mail today and I absolutely love it! I'm going to buy more. I've always worn bras with underwire because the non-wire didn't seem to support at all, but this one is AWESOME :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I bought this one...

r322029-p322030-front.jpg

Oh and this ad was included in the packaging....

TriumphSwimwear.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My Rago waist cincher arrived today. I'm not so happy with it. The bottom rolls up when I sit down and there's a little bubble of back fat between the top of the cincher and the bottom of my bra. I think my cheapy eBay cincher is longer and smooths that out. It also doesn't pull me in as tight BUT there is no bumping out of the back boning like in the cheap one. I'll keep it, just so I have another option, but I'm still looking for the perfect one.

PS

A-List Customer
kamikat said:
My Rago waist cincher arrived today. I'm not so happy with it. The bottom rolls up when I sit down and there's a little bubble of back fat between the top of the cincher and the bottom of my bra. I think my cheapy eBay cincher is longer and smooths that out. It also doesn't pull me in as tight BUT there is no bumping out of the back boning like in the cheap one. I'll keep it, just so I have another option, but I'm still looking for the perfect one.

...and.....you shape has been changing a lot. In a few months you may be happier with it. It will be nice to already have it on hand.

V-Sweetheart

New in Town
Lady Day ! Brilliant

Lady Day said:

Un-hook the top few hooks and tuck the excess underneath to the desired 'lowness' you want. It was ingenious! So there you go, and instant low back long line! :D

LD
Thanks I will look for Goddess Long lines! TO the next writer, the strapless long line bras they direct you to at department stores and VS are backless, i.e they are just like a strapless bra, just go to the waist. I was looking for something to wear with 30s low back evening gowns and night gowns for those coed PJ parties.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hmmmm... do I know you?

V-Sweetheart said:
Thanks I will look for Goddess Long lines! TO the next writer, the strapless long line bras they direct you to at department stores and VS are backless, i.e they are just like a strapless bra, just go to the waist. I was looking for something to wear with 30s low back evening gowns and night gowns for those coed PJ parties.
This sounds like something my friend RB would say, and she's in Washington, and new in the Lounge...is that you?

EDIT: Yes, it is you!!!!!
It was the co-ed pajama parties that gave you away...

Smuterella

One Too Many
right, well i have just bought a Triumph Doreen and an Esbelt waist cincher on feeBay (term stolen from kittyT cos its fab)

the cincher is latex coated in cotton, i'm gonna be a sweaty betty this summer!

roots66

One of the Regulars
cassylynn said:
I just received my Triumph Doreen bra in the mail today and I absolutely love it! I'm going to buy more. I've always worn bras with underwire because the non-wire didn't seem to support at all, but this one is AWESOME :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I bought this one...

r322029-p322030-front.jpg

I've been considering ordering the Doreen from the U.K. The Triumph brand is ubiquitous here and I do own a few and love them, but the classic Doreen is nowhere to be found. Does it give a sort of modified bullet bra silhouette, but without the "extreme point for extreme people"? (A slogan I once saw used for a pair of Beatle Boots.)

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
roots66 said:
I've been considering ordering the Doreen from the U.K. The Triumph brand is ubiquitous here and I do own a few and love them, but the classic Doreen is nowhere to be found. Does it give a sort of modified bullet bra silhouette, but without the "extreme point for extreme people"? (A slogan I once saw used for a pair of Beatle Boots.)

It does give a sorta of uplift and seperate type look lol I don't want to say "Bullet Bra" silhouette because it isn't quite that extreme but you can definetly see a difference between this bra and other "modern" bras. This one is like a rounded pointy look (if that makes any sense) I showed it off to my husband and asked him "How do you like?" All he said was it reminds him more of a granny bra than a sexy "WooHoo" bra [huh] I think because it has more fabric and the cut is different than what he is used to seeing, but I think it's adorable. One word.......comfortable!

It does give you a very feminine very 40's style silouette and that was what I was going for.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Damn I wish someone made those bras in smaller sizes - you'd think they'd be popular with smaller busted ladies being non-wired. Modern bras are too rounded and I'm not always up for the full take-an-eye-out-with-those-babies look! It's be really great to find something in between the two extremes like that.

MissS

A-List Customer
MissHannah said:
Damn I wish someone made those bras in smaller sizes - you'd think they'd be popular with smaller busted ladies being non-wired. Modern bras are too rounded and I'm not always up for the full take-an-eye-out-with-those-babies look! It's be really great to find something in between the two extremes like that.

lol lol lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy