Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
I just bought the Rago 6209 High Waist panty girdle, I love it except I seem to get this "bubble" of chub between my bra and the girdle. Does anyone else get this? How do you combat this? I'm a chubby girl, but this seems to even everything out except that one spot. I can't buy an all in one because they don't make the cup sizes big enough, any suggestions?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
TheSwingingBee said:
I just bought the Rago 6209 High Waist panty girdle, I love it except I seem to get this "bubble" of chub between my bra and the girdle. Does anyone else get this? How do you combat this? I'm a chubby girl, but this seems to even everything out except that one spot. I can't buy an all in one because they don't make the cup sizes big enough, any suggestions?

How big is your cup size? I'll take a look around for you for an all in one, which is my absolute fave.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Goldfish said:
do you lovely ladies know if there are any shaping panties I can order online that are not string - cut and not full bum coverage either?

It seems like something like that would leave a definite and unattractive line across your bum that would be visible under slim clothing.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
TheSwingingBee said:

Nope, none that I know of. I had the high waisted Lacette girdle and I sold it. Way too hard to get in and out of, very uncomfortable with the boning, and yes, the "chub bubble". If you can't wear an all-in-one, instead try combining a regular panty girdle or open-bottom girdle with a longline bra. Longlines are often available in very large cup sizes, and this kind of combination will give you nice, all-over shaping, as well as prevent the girdle roll usually experienced with an OB girdle.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
TheSwingingBee said:
I'm a 38 I, please let me know if you find one, I'd love to have one!

If you can go up in width and down in cupsize (I am never the same in width and cupsize in different brands, some I am DD, others D and so on) then here is one from figleaves.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product...ci=&size=&colour=&image=r352800-p531039-front

you can pull this one as high as you want, so you get shaped from your bra to the top of your thighs.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product...&mci=&size=&colour=&image=r3694-p165870-front

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
If you can go up in width and down in cupsize (I am never the same in width and cupsize in different brands, some I am DD, others D and so on) then here is one from figleaves.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product...ci=&size=&colour=&image=r352800-p531039-front

you can pull this one as high as you want, so you get shaped from your bra to the top of your thighs.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product...&mci=&size=&colour=&image=r3694-p165870-front

I may have to try that first one. Thanks! You gals are wonderful!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I already recieved my Charnos corselette and it looks so good! The bra cup is PERFECT and looks very gorgeous on. I agree with that it doesn't slim that much, but it gives a nice overall effect with no bumps from various bras, panties and girdles, I really love this all in one!

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Thank you ladies!
But I feel a little bit lost now and don't know what to do... my back is really large but flat -> full coverage makes it appear even larger, mini coverage shows of how large it is:mad:
I thought a shaping panty like I wanted it(which doesn't seem to exist) would help me,my hips are shaped strange. They a very round and curve inward at a point of my hips where my very prominent pelvic bones are - there is basically no flesh, just skin. I love my body as it is, but with tight clothes on it's like you put a spotlight on this part.
Any other ideas how I can smooth it out?

And here a picture, I hope you get what I mean!
34rsyh5.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Goldfish said:
Thank you ladies!
But I feel a little bit lost now and don't know what to do... my back is really large but flat -> full coverage makes it appear even larger, mini coverage shows of how large it is:mad:
I thought a shaping panty like I wanted it(which doesn't seem to exist) would help me,my hips are shaped strange. They a very round and curve inward at a point of my hips where my very prominent pelvic bones are - there is basically no flesh, just skin. I love my body as it is, but with tight clothes on it's like you put a spotlight on this part.
Any other ideas how I can smooth it out?

So you want something that will smooth and shape the outside of your hips, without flattening your bum?

If I'm understanding this correctly, there may be a few things to help you. You might want to try panties with a padded rear to even things out a little bit. If you're large down there, why not flaunt it and show some curves? There are also padded shapers that have padding on the bum AND the hips!
Fredericks of Hollywood carries items like this, with removable pads!

51372_00_itm_a_3600.jpg

51371_86_itm_a_6700.jpg

Or you can try shaping panties that don't cover the bum. They're hard to explain, but they're like a panty girdle, so that might help shape your hips, but they have cut outs over the butt cheeks to help lift and not flatten. I don't think I can post a photo of that here, but Cameo Intimates makes a lovely one!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Darhling said:
I already recieved my Charnos corselette and it looks so good! The bra cup is PERFECT and looks very gorgeous on. I agree with that it doesn't slim that much, but it gives a nice overall effect with no bumps from various bras, panties and girdles, I really love this all in one!

Dahrling, I have the Charnos hourglass corselette too, and I had to go down a band size in order to not get excess fabric floating around the waist. I love the blush colour and the balconette bra cups are genius! Charnos is very good value for money imo.

For some reason I always assumed that those padded panties were targeted at cross-dressers. I'd love to hear more about what effect they have on a female body!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
ShrinkingViolet said:
Dahrling, I have the Charnos hourglass corselette too, and I had to go down a band size in order to not get excess fabric floating around the waist. I love the blush colour and the balconette bra cups are genius! Charnos is very good value for money imo.

For some reason I always assumed that those padded panties were targeted at cross-dressers. I'd love to hear more about what effect they have on a female body!

I agree on the balconette cups (which is my absolute favorite bra-type)! I am most definitly getting the blush color when it comes back in stock in my size!

MissS

A-List Customer
Lady Marlene X-Slip

I've been looking for an alternative to my Rago garter belt and waist cincher and came across the Lady Marlene X-Slip at girdlebound.

http://www.girdlebound.com/store/me...Code=GVG&Product_Code=lm870&Category_Code=OBG

My garter belt gives me some waist squishing and my waist cincher makes some of my clothes too big, so this looked pretty promising. I don't want a regular OBG, as I'm not looking to lose any inches from my hips.

Do any of you ladies have this? And how did you go with sizing and is it comfy? I'm a 26 inch waist, so I'm normally a small, but not sure how this runs to size.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MissS said:
Do any of you ladies have this? And how did you go with sizing and is it comfy? I'm a 26 inch waist, so I'm normally a small, but not sure how this runs to size.

I have an older Victoria's Secret version of this and I LOVE IT! It doesn't slide around like a regular garter belt and keeps everything in place, it provides light smoothing of the tummy, hips and bum, but it's not constricting and doesn't take inches off the hips. It's very comfortable and I wear mine about half the time I wear stockings. No shaping, just some smoothing.

Sorry I can't help on size, since mine is a different brand the sizing might not run the same. I have the VS size M and have a 26.5" waist and 37" hips. After losing more weight, I could definitely use a size smaller now. Why not order it in a couple different sizes and return the one you don't want?

I've been wanting to get one of these in white for a long time. Mine is in black and I want one I can wear under everything!

MissS

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
I have an older Victoria's Secret version of this and I LOVE IT! It doesn't slide around like a regular garter belt and keeps everything in place, it provides light smoothing of the tummy, hips and bum, but it's not constricting and doesn't take inches off the hips. It's very comfortable and I wear mine about half the time I wear stockings. No shaping, just some smoothing.

Sorry I can't help on size, since mine is a different brand the sizing might not run the same. I have the VS size M and have a 26.5" waist and 37" hips. After losing more weight, I could definitely use a size smaller. Why not order it in a couple different sizes and return the one you don't want?

I've been wanting to get one of these in white for a long time. Mine is in black and I want one I can wear under everything!

Yay, I can always rely on you for great advice, KittyT! I'll try small and medium and see how they fit and let you know. :)

FYI, the girdlebound website says they no longer have white in medium or large, and they are no longer produced. I guess, just a little more incentive for us to lose another inch or two? lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MissS said:
FYI, the girdlebound website says they no longer have white in medium or large, and they are no longer produced. I guess, just a little more incentive for us to lose another inch or two? lol

I think a small will probably fit us fine. I don't want to lose more weight - some of my favorite clothes are getting too big and I'm starting to lose my ass. I worked hard to get that and I want it to stay! lol

roots66

One of the Regulars
Doreen sizing issues

For those considering the Doreen--you may need to go up one back size when you order. Its material is quite a bit more firm than the contemporary stretchier underwires I'm used to, which I should have taken into account. Fortunately I've got some back extenders on hand for just such an emergency. Love it!

Has anyone tried the Exquisite Form "Famous 502"? I'm thinking of making that my next adventure in online bra ordering, and I'm guessing it's of a similarly firm, less-stretchy nature, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran