Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissS

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
I think a small will probably fit us fine. I don't want to lose more weight - some of my favorite clothes are getting too big and I'm starting to lose my ass. I worked hard to get that and I want it to stay! lol

I'm wearing my Lady Marlene x slip today and I'm loving it! KittyT, the small fits me perfectly, though, it's decided to settle itself at my waist, rather than hips, which I prefer anyway (and is a better length for my stockings). The garter hooks have ribbon on both sides, so there's none of that ouchy, stick into the back of your thighs when sitting thing happening and whilst it's not firm a girdle, it's staying put. I haven't tried it with seamed stockings yet, so I'm not sure if it will give me seam wiggle, but I've only ever worn 4 straps, so I should be ok.

Definately recommend it!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Goldfish said:
Thank you ladies!
But I feel a little bit lost now and don't know what to do... my back is really large but flat -> full coverage makes it appear even larger, mini coverage shows of how large it is:mad:
I thought a shaping panty like I wanted it(which doesn't seem to exist) would help me,my hips are shaped strange. They a very round and curve inward at a point of my hips where my very prominent pelvic bones are - there is basically no flesh, just skin. I love my body as it is, but with tight clothes on it's like you put a spotlight on this part.
Any other ideas how I can smooth it out?

And here a picture, I hope you get what I mean!
34rsyh5.jpg

I am EXACTLY the same way! I thought I was the only one! I hate it because when I wear tight skirts it always looks like my undies are cutting into my hips. I even had friends tell me that my underwear was too tight!

I basically try not to worry about it since I'd rather not wear butt/hip pads. But it's nice to know someone else out there is shaped the same!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MissS said:
I haven't tried it with seamed stockings yet, so I'm not sure if it will give me seam wiggle, but I've only ever worn 4 straps, so I should be ok.

Definately recommend it!

I'm so glad you like it! I've never had problems with seamed stockings with mine.

Fancy That

This is an incredibly helpful thread. I've been looking into buying cinchers or girdles for the first time and it's a bit daunting. You all give such detailed explanations and info... it's going to help a lot! Thank you. :)

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Can someone recommend a good beginners corset??
Prferably from What Kate Did.
I've never had one before....

and what is this style called?
They had one on WKD a year ago, but no more.

xe0lyc.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
pigeon toe said:
I am EXACTLY the same way! I thought I was the only one! I hate it because when I wear tight skirts it always looks like my undies are cutting into my hips. I even had friends tell me that my underwear was too tight!

I basically try not to worry about it since I'd rather not wear butt/hip pads. But it's nice to know someone else out there is shaped the same!

Yup, I'm that shape too! I've always been really skinny and I thought that when I put on weight the 'gaps' would fill in, but alas no - I am just a bigger version of the same shape! Generally, I work around this by choosing tighter clothes in heavier fabrics that hold some shape by themselves - stretch fabrics are a major no-no!

kerry

One of the Regulars
Hi Ladies, I wondered if anyone has any tips on stopping a girdle or waistcincher rolling up when worn without stockings. I have some shoes that I cannot wear stockings with as they are peeptoe and my foot just slides forward. Thanks:)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
kerry said:
Hi Ladies, I wondered if anyone has any tips on stopping a girdle or waistcincher rolling up when worn without stockings. I have some shoes that I cannot wear stockings with as they are peeptoe and my foot just slides forward. Thanks:)

I would say, find one that doesn't go too far down, it is the walking motion that makes it roll up. Also one that is really boney should be good as well.

kerry

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
I would say, find one that doesn't go too far down, it is the walking motion that makes it roll up. Also one that is really boney should be good as well.
I cant afford to buy a new one at the moment.
I have a rago girdle and waist cincher and they both roll up if I have nothing hitching them down. Perhaps ill have to try pinning the bottom to my knickers:eek:

Sunny

One Too Many
kerry said:
A girdle with garters is made to wear with stockings; it's going to ride up without them holding down. I've never worn a waistcincher, though, so I can't offer any advice on that one.

There's nothing wrong with wearing stockings with peeptoe shoes, though!

kerry

One of the Regulars
Sunny said:
A girdle with garters is made to wear with stockings; it's going to ride up without them holding down. I've never worn a waistcincher, though, so I can't offer any advice on that one.

There's nothing wrong with wearing stockings with peeptoe shoes, though!

Its not that I dont want to wear stockings, if I wear them the shoes just slip off:)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My Rago cincher rolls up, but I have another cincher from a different brand that doesn't. The reason the Rago rolls is because the boning doesn't go all the way to the hem. There really is no fix for it, since it doesn't have garters for stockings.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
kamikat said:
My Rago cincher rolls up, but I have another cincher from a different brand that doesn't. The reason the Rago rolls is because the boning doesn't go all the way to the hem. There really is no fix for it, since it doesn't have garters for stockings.

Some of the Rago cinchers do have garters.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Tinseltown said:
Can someone recommend a good beginners corset??
Preferably from What Kate Did.
I've never had one before....

and what is this style called?
They had one on WKD a year ago, but no more.

xe0lyc.jpg
Can anyone answer this...Please? :eek:

kerry

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:

I suppose I could add some boning lower down.

KittyT said:

My rago waist cincher has detachable garters. Thanks ladies:)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:

From the sites I use, the cincher(21) has garters, the waist nipper (821)does not. They look very similar, but the waist nipper is the stronger garments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran