Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

sian kisses

One of the Regulars
i have big horrible man feet, any cures....
only joking but i can never buy vintage shoes because they are always teeny tiny and i'm a sz 7-8 *gasp* any ideas. xx

sian kisses

One of the Regulars
thankies, i shall have a look, sorry if i offended with the man feet thing thats just mine, other peoples i'm sure are lovely.

kerry

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
Then either your shoes don't fit correctly, or you should just get heel grips to put in the back so your feet don't slide.

The shoes fit perfectly without stockings. If I had got the smaller size they would have been too small. My feet come between sizes.
Heel grips don't work as the problem is my feet slidding forwards, a common problem with peep toes I believe. I must be lucky as my feet dont sweat in any shoes except trainers and wellingtons.
I solved the problem by putting insoles and party feet in the shoes and sucessfully wore them with stockings:)

Thanks for all your help everyone, now I can wear them with or without:eek:
stockings:D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
kerry said:
The shoes fit perfectly without stockings. If I had got the smaller size they would have been too small. My feet come between sizes.
Heel grips don't work as the problem is my feet slidding forwards, a common problem with peep toes I believe. I must be lucky as my feet dont sweat in any shoes except trainers and wellingtons.
I solved the problem by putting insoles and party feet in the shoes and sucessfully wore them with stockings:)

Yeah, I have to use those no slip pads too. STUPID GRAVITY!

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
Yes, well you should know that the reason this matters is because the bacteria in perspiration loves to eat the proteins in leather, especially when it is thriving in a warm, damp environment. Over time, perspiration inside your [leather] shoes can significantly damage them.

This isn't tecnically true, shoes are designed to absorb nearly quater a pint of sweat each wear! gross! but the insole board is often treated with an anti fungal, so the bacteria doesn't hoard in there! that's why you should never wear your shoes 2 days running...:) let them rest and they'll live forever!

sian kisses

One of the Regulars
oh what an excuse to use on my boyfriend next time i buy some shoes, i have to have more than one pair it lets them breathe... fabulous, i can't wait to use it.
xx

It’s a Shapley Figures one. I got 2 of them from Ebay for 4 quid each. When I tried it on yesterday I wasn’t sure, I was having a horrid day in general so everything was awful, but today I decided what the heck and threw it on. I can now wear a dress I got last week which looked rather awful due to my massive hips, and now it fits absolutely beautifully. The girdle give me a smooth shape too, no one will ever guess I have squidgy bits! Hurrah for girdles!

I will have to measure the inch difference I think. That’s all a girl needs to feel good about herself!

R

Red_Lipstick

In need of opinions about girdles

Hello :)

I was wondering about buying a girdle... I've been using suspender belts and stockings for a couple of years but recently I put on a bit of weight and, while it doesn't usually bother me, certain dresses show my little round belly :p
Any of you that wear girdles, are they comfy? I don't want to feel too thight!

Also, where do you buy them? I have some items from Stockings HQ, an English online shop, but maybe you could recommend another website? (I moved to Spain so I can only buy vintage style clothes/items online or go shopping when I visit London).

Thanks to all :)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Dolly - did you get the girdle in your regular size or did you downsize to take so inches off your hips? I have spotted one from Rose Lingerie on ebay..

EDIT: I just bought the girdle of ebay since it was ending in 10 minutes.. I just got the size that fits my regular size and didn't downsize.. I hope it is the same one as yours Dolly!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Red_Lipstick said:
Any of you that wear girdles, are they comfy? I don't want to feel too thight!

I would not necessarily call them "comfy", but a properly fitting girdle shouldn't be uncomfortable either.

Also, where do you buy them? I have some items from Stockings HQ, an English online shop, but maybe you could recommend another website? (I moved to Spain so I can only buy vintage style clothes/items online or go shopping when I visit London).

I would recommend reading back through this thread. There's lots and lots of information here, and pretty much everything you need to know has already been provided :)

But for starters, Ebay or gridlebound.com

Darhling said:
Dolly - did you get the girdle in your regular size or did you downsize to take so inches off your hips? I have spotted one from Rose Lingerie on ebay..

EDIT: I just bought the girdle of ebay since it was ending in 10 minutes.. I just got the size that fits my regular size and didn't downsize.. I hope it is the same one as yours Dolly!

Sorry I forget where I'm posting things lol

It was from Rose Lingerie on Ebay yep!! It's absolutely amazing. My waist is around 28, and the girdle I got is 27-28. It didn't have a hip measurement, but my hips are rather large in comparison to my waist and it slims them down an awful lot.

And I find it quite comfortable. Makes me feel ultra feminine. I just need to figure out the underwear thing with it now :eusa_doh:

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
dollydaydream said:
Sorry I forget where I'm posting things lol

It was from Rose Lingerie on Ebay yep!! It's absolutely amazing. My waist is around 28, and the girdle I got is 27-28. It didn't have a hip measurement, but my hips are rather large in comparison to my waist and it slims them down an awful lot.

And I find it quite comfortable. Makes me feel ultra feminine. I just need to figure out the underwear thing with it now :eusa_doh:

does it slim down your waist too? Because thats where I need it.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo