Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MissAmelina said:
I now have my Rago 21 waist cincher (luv!) and now I wanna find a vintage bullet bra...my question:

If I wear a 34dd, is that what I should be looking for? Are vintage sizes the same? I am getting mixed messages from people and would love to know---I would hate to get something that is not refundable off the web, only to be super uncomfortable and disappointed---I mean, that's a risk I am willing to take (I'm sure I could resell it), but some guidance in advance would be helpful.

THANKS!!
Amy

I haven't come across many 34DDs in vintage sizings. The vintage bras I've bought have just been single D cups and have fit me just fine. You should be ok. There are also modern bullet bras you can buy out of the box at Sears.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
"Exquisite Form" is the brand they have at Sears:

formbra.jpg

I have not tried these yet...there appear to be a few styles. I am heading in there today...they don't look too bad for 14 bucks!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
And I have just returned from Sears after trying on the bra above.....how do I say this.....it fit very strangely. :) Definitely the real deal and old school looking. They are made of cotton and there is very little stretch to the material (in fact, I think there is only a small bit of elastic right at the very back near the hooks) with simple straps and a nice wide band.

I usually wear a 34d and I could not find a 34---I tried on a 36B and still could not quite fill the cups. :) (But even looking at the model in this bra, you can see she does not really fill the cups either----I can see why the young check-out girl from "Animal House" had to stuff hers!.)

AND you could see that my nipplie-dipplies were a good two inches beneath the point of the cup, which made me feel droopy. They provide *very* little support. I am used to wearing jack-me-up underwires that give the girls a much needed boost...this bra left mine sort of sad and aged looking.
I put my sweater on over the bra anyway to see how it looked and just started laughing! My boobs looked very misshapen and pointy...and not in the good Jane Russell kind of way. :)
The overall appearance wearing just the bra was very retro looking and kinda cool....but I like to wear shirts over my bras....so that's out. :)

Even though this did not work for me, I could see it working for someone who has a different shape that I do.
The search continues....

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Josephine said:
Maybe a 36C would have fit.

No, I mean I had serious room left in the B cup..:)...the girls were swimming.....a C would have been even worse. But I am also thinking that the right band size (somewhere between a 32 and 34) would have helped considerably too. For all I know I could be a 32E or F....I need to go get a proper fitting as styles are changing. I am realizing my current bra, which is a 34dd, is too big, bandwise....i can fit my fist between my back and my band and pull it away....it should be alot more snug than that. Evidently the band should be snug enough that you can't do the whole "clasp it in the front and then turn it around" trick...if you can it means it is too big.

Here is a cool link about this schtuff:

http://www.belladonnaeyes.co.uk/bra_fitting_part_01.htm

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Josephine said:
Maybe a 36C would have fit.

This worked for me! I ended up going to Sears and, like usual, there were no 34Ds, but plenty of 36Cs. The lady that measured me at Victoria's Secret said the cup sizes are the same, the band just has a little more give on the 36C. It worked! But let me tell you, this is one bra I am NOT going to wear under an everyday shirt. It just looks toooooo funny lol :eek: :eusa_doh: .

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I started getting I Love Lucy DVDs from netflix and noticed something interesting. I don't think Ethel wears a girdle. In most of the scenes, you can see lumps and bumps. This seems very unusual. Anyone else noticed?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I've tried those Exquisite Form and Cross Your Heart bras and they just don't fit right! Have the same problem with those as with bullet bras - cut into my chest at the top of the cups, and have too much extra space in the tips of the cup:-/

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
kamikat said:
I started getting I Love Lucy DVDs from netflix and noticed something interesting. I don't think Ethel wears a girdle. In most of the scenes, you can see lumps and bumps. This seems very unusual. Anyone else noticed?

I haven't noticed. Then again, Marilyn Monroe often didn't wear a girdle either - this is especially noticeable in "Some Like It Hot".

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
MissAmelina said:
"Exquisite Form" is the brand they have at Sears:

formbra.jpg

I have not tried these yet...there appear to be a few styles. I am heading in there today...they don't look too bad for 14 bucks!

I must go to Sears, I had no idea they sold "Exquisite Form" this is why I love the lounge. I have been needing to replace mine for some time. Thank you!!!

palespider

One of the Regulars
hey ladies, i just got a new dress that needs some taming and someone pointed me here for some advice. Here is me in my dress:http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v37/palespider/?action=view&current=IMG_0992.jpg

can someone point me to the right kind of girdle that i would need to smooth out my lower stomach and upper thighs? I keep reading about Rago but soo many of them not sure which one to go with. I'm really soft in the middle and need a more define waist as you might be able to tell. Any advice would be great. thanks and sorry if you get too many of these.

Blondie

Practically Family
I found this great website for stockings, pantyhose etc but it's a European site.

I love the "shade" panyhose with the bows

http://www.sneakyfox.dk/index.php

Is there a Fedora Lounge lady from Europe or Denmark that would buy these for me & post them, i would paypal you & would return the favour on something you may need from the USA ;)
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Blondie said:
I found this great website for stockings, pantyhose etc but it's a European site.

I love the "shade" panyhose with the bows

http://www.sneakyfox.dk/index.php

Is there a Fedora Lounge lady from Europe or Denmark that would buy these for me & post them, i would paypal you & would return the favour on something you may need from the USA ;)
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

I have those!! I love them, they turn into nude thin pantyhose on the top thigh to give the apperance of they are black stay ups. The top part (tummy & butt) turns into black hose again.

Here is pics of me wearing mine..

www.darhling.com

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
palespider said:
can someone point me to the right kind of girdle that i would need to smooth out my lower stomach and upper thighs? I keep reading about Rago but soo many of them not sure which one to go with. I'm really soft in the middle and need a more define waist as you might be able to tell. Any advice would be great. thanks and sorry if you get too many of these.

Often this just comes down to a matter of personal preference! Looks like you need shaping all the way through the midsection, so i would go with a corselette or a full long-leg shaper that has cups included. The other option would be a high-waisted girdle that comes to just under your bust. And really weather you get an open bottom or a long leg one just depends on your personal preference and how much overall thigh shaping you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff