Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Lillemor said:
I must have two left arms and ten thumbs. I struggle with the back "fasteners" when I try to attach the stockings.

I use to work with someone that would attach the garter belt and nylons first, than put them on. I haven't tried it. It maybe easier with back seams because you can see where to attach them. Thigh highs seem more difficult to eyeball where to attach. I've been meaning to try it myself.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Lareesie Ladavi said:
I use to work with someone that would attach the garter belt and nylons first, than put them on. I haven't tried it. It maybe easier with back seams because you can see where to attach them. Thigh highs seem more difficult to eyeball where to attach. I've been meaning to try it myself.
I don't quite get what you mean by "where to attach." On the welt? I would think it'd be easier just to pull them on, then attach, because the nylon stretches and changes shape once on, so you might have to move the clips anyway.

Also with seams, that method seems (hah) like it'd actually be harder to get them straight. I dunno. Try it and see.

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
JupitersDarling said:
I don't quite get what you mean by "where to attach." On the welt? I would think it'd be easier just to pull them on, then attach, because the nylon stretches and changes shape once on, so you might have to move the clips anyway.

Also with seams, that method seems (hah) like it'd actually be harder to get them straight. I dunno. Try it and see.

That's what I meant. A lot of decorative thigh highs (unless there's a bow, then you'll know where the back one attaches) have to be straighted out, unless you don't mind the seam being sideways under foot. Why I haven't tried it. ;)
Back seams seem to be easier to eyeball first.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Ladies, the Secrets in Lace "Lace Overlay Bullet Bra" is on sale for $28. It's a lovely sheer bra with lace overlay on the cups. I just bought two! :)

I also just bought two! They also have a lovely new line of products called the Bettie Page line. They're really, really pretty. The Bettie pinup pantie is gorgeous, although I found an Ebay seller who has the same style for almost 1/2 the cost. Also, the SiL sheer nylon panties (the plain ones) are fantastic, but $10. You can get pretty much the same thing for almost half the price from www.lingerieoutlet.com.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm not sure where to post this query but this looked like the best place.

I just got a bright navy--almost middle blue-- skirt from the 40's that I will need to wear with a slip. Would you wear a black one or a white one? Or do you think it doesn't matter?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
imoldfashioned said:
I'm not sure where to post this query but this looked like the best place.

I just got a bright navy--almost middle blue-- skirt from the 40's that I will need to wear with a slip. Would you wear a black one or a white one? Or do you think it doesn't matter?
Wear a black one. Some times a white undergarment will show through on darker garments.

PS

A-List Customer
V281781.jpg

V281748_W359ARGB.jpg

These two bras are by VS. Which, do not cut it for me. But I am loving that style. I love the idea of it come down a little longer and having a wide band around back. Has anyone seen anything like this elsewhere? I'd consider purchasing if these would even fit.

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
I also just bought two! They also have a lovely new line of products called the Bettie Page line. They're really, really pretty. The Bettie pinup pantie is gorgeous, although I found an Ebay seller who has the same style for almost 1/2 the cost. Also, the SiL sheer nylon panties (the plain ones) are fantastic, but $10. You can get pretty much the same thing for almost half the price from www.lingerieoutlet.com.

Funny, you mention that. I was in Vegas, a few weeks ago, and I happened upon the Betty Page store. I didn't know it existed. Cute stuff! It was loaded with all of her clothing. There was a few things I liked, but a lot of it was a bit too over-the-top for me.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Ladies, the Secrets in Lace "Lace Overlay Bullet Bra" is on sale for $28. It's a lovely sheer bra with lace overlay on the cups. I just bought two! :)
Boo, the smallest size is a C! Lovely though...

Classydame

One of the Regulars
Also, the SiL sheer nylon panties (the plain ones) are fantastic, but $10. You can get pretty much the same thing for almost half the price from www.lingerieoutlet.com

Thank you KittyT for the website! I love the full panties by SIL but they are expensive and these are definitely more affordable.:)

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
It really disheartens me how hard it is to find small bra sizes. I have not looked too extensively, but I don't find my size very often. Not even in stores. *Sigh*

maybelaughter

Familiar Face
it is definitely not fun trying to find small bras.... especially when you're picky like me and only buy ones with front clasps, and no extra padding/pushupness. it's frustrating when most AA/A cups have all that extra junk, because i'm fine with me size and i don't want to "enhance" my chest.

i just discovered last night that they make bras in AA sizes (AAA too!) i love the halfsizes offered by playtex, too. littlewomen.com goes down to a 28AA, uk based, though... and i found a longline bra on ebay that is a 36AA so we'll see how that fits when it comes in (that's the size the internet thinks i might be -i though i was 34? i'm confused with the number-sizing, auctually. why go up 4 inches?).

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Kitty T, have you ordered from lingerie outlet ? What is the quality and service like ? Thanks :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
goldwyn girl said:
Kitty T, have you ordered from lingerie outlet ? What is the quality and service like ? Thanks :)

I have. When I called one of their stores, the gal I spoke with was very helpful. However, I did not receive a tracking number. They did ship quickly, but I have to return to exchange for a different size and there was no return info shipped with my items, so now I have to call again to figure that out.

EDIT: nevermind, there's a number for returns on their website. You just have to call to get a return authorization.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Mrs. Merl said:
It really disheartens me how hard it is to find small bra sizes. I have not looked too extensively, but I don't find my size very often. Not even in stores. *Sigh*
Have you tried http://www.figleaves.com? They don't carry vintage garments, but they start at 28AA. I buy all my bras from them and have been VERY happy with the customer service. I don't know about their smaller bras, but their larger bras are great, very high end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland