Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
fleur said:
Gok have you had your hair cut!!! Very nice.

I have a Rago high waisted open bottomed girdle that I wore for the first time on the weekend with six suspender straps - so comfy and it kept my seams straight all night!

Is it from WKD or somewhere else? I want a girdle but I can't work out what to get or where to get it! High waisted sounds perfect as it would remove my paranoia of bulges! If you got it from somewhere not FL friendly, please could you PM me the link? I would be most grateful! :)

Twinkle

Familiar Face
I've got the black high waist rago from WKD and it is wonderful, very comfortable....

I've got a Triumph corselette on today, haven't worn that in a while, forgotton how comfy that is too...

E x

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Wow!
These girdles sound good, a few days ago I bought my very first true vintage, a lovely 1940's gray green skirt suit, the jacket is the most interesting thing, but I am sadly slightly too "voluptuous" for the skirt, but in a girdle.....:D

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
I've bought many Rago items from girdlebound.com--garter, waist cinchers and the full body girdles--they rule and are very comfortable as well.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for all the input, girls. I have a Rago corsolette that I picked up from Girdlebound either earlier this year, or late last year - can't remember. I'm very happy with it! I haven't ordered the waist cincher yet as I just haven't made the time to do it. However, I did pick up a vintage 40s or 50s girdle today at the antique mall for $11! Fits like a dream, has perfect garters, and the bra cups even give that slightly-pointy-but-not-missile vintage shape! I'm very happy.

I still plan to order the cincher. Heck, maybe I'll go do it right now. lol

fleur

One of the Regulars
I cant remember where i got the girdle from but I know that Gok sent me there! .... uhm.... hold on I think it was Orchard Corsets on Ebay

:eek:fftopic: By the way your hair looks wonderful snooded!

My Rago came from the States and makes such a difference that I had to take my skirt in after trying it on with it as it was too loose.

Would most definitely recommend.

KaitlynDawn

New in Town
Vintage Undies

I know there have been some posts here about tap-panties and the such, and as I was browing Ebay today I came across a seller with some gorgeous nylon and satin vintage-esque panties. There not tap-panties and they're a pretty penny, but I'd love to own a pair or two!

DSC04397.jpg

IMG_8239.jpg

Her seller ID is *californiadoll*

-Kaitlyn

birdiepie

New in Town
Those are very cute! I have bought a pair from her in the past and they are very well made, though I think they had the fetishist in mind (no cotton gusset--how very... vintage!). For everyday wear though, I'd recommend the Bali "Skimp Skamp" brief--- it's generous enough to cover a garterbelt, but doesn't create any bulk like a tap panty might.

Ccc

New in Town
I'm looking for a pattern to sew tap pants or french knickers. If anyone has such a pattern, knows where I could purchase one, or would be able to make one for me, please let me know! Thanks for your ideas.:)

Cheers!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Folkwear has such a pattern!

Ccc, Folkwear has a tap pants pattern.

http://folkwear.com/219.html

I haven't used it yet, but I did give it a once over and there are only 3 pattern pieces to the tap pants. I like how it can be either snap or button on the side. They also give ideas how to add "frillys" to them to make them more vintage.

My New Year's Resolution (which I've stated elsewhere in the Powder Room) is to make my own tap pants. With all the fabric choices out there, my "undies" wardrobe could be limitless!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Any of you lovely ladies know if MBJ ships to Canada? and if so how much is it?
I sent a message, but I haven't gotten any replies[huh]
If y'all could help me out I'd love it:D

kitty

New in Town
I have the black Rago cincher from My Baby Jo. I'm really happy with it. I accidentally ordered mine one size too small, but it still fits great. The garter straps one it are great, too.

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Just an update on the folkwear pattern.

I placed my order but got an e-mail yesterday to say they are all out - :eusa_doh:

HOWEVER, the pattern is being recut to include more sizes and will now run from sizes 8 - 22. It will be finished end of feb and back on the site as soon as!

Ccc

New in Town
Thank you for the pattern update. I hope the pattern comes in a petite sizing option, or is easy to resize.

Merry Christmas!

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
New Look foundations

What are your favorite foundation garments, and has anyone had any success getting the "new look" silhouette with modern shapewear?

I've tried every waist cincher, bustier, girdle, and merry widow I could possibly find, and nothing even approximated the V-shaped torso of the 50s models in my magazines. Actual corsets came closest, but they still weren't quite right. I was starting to figure that it was just the way I was shaped, and I'd never be able to get the right silhouette. I could come close, but it just wasn't like the girls in the pictures.

Then I found some vintage merry widows on ebay by Warner's (Thanks for the search help, Jitterbugdoll!) and I picked them both up, one in black and one in white. Anyway, I was skeptical when I tried them on, but they're perfect. I don't know how they do it, but they shape better than my corsets, and the V-shape is just right. Now I worry that the tiny waist makes my arms look big by comparison. (Oh, nothing is ever right!)

The ones I have are exactly the models advertised in this picture (oddly, the black one is deadstock and the band around the waist and the ribbons covering the garter clips are *scarlet*! Ack! How naughty... The white one is not new, but still good):

merry_widow_1142281661.jpg

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Oh right, also, am I supposed to wear it over the petticoat like that picture shows? Or is the ad just doing it like that to show off the merry widows?

(I can never quite wrap my brain around the wearing order of vintage undergarments.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner