Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleur

One of the Regulars
Well I am a corset fan (as you may have guessed by now!) and should receive mine made for me quite soon.

Once I have shifted some more of my weight gok I will be coming your way :D

Kitty55

New in Town
To GOK

Fascinating thread!

GOK, I've been attempting to PM you, but apparently I'm not allowed...could you please try to PM me? I have questions for a professional! :)

Kitty

Grace

Vendor
I have a few corsets, but unfortunately none of the real, custom made steel boned ones. I cannot wear them everyday because they flatten my chest as much as the cinch my waist! I love they way they feel.

Anyone know where i can find a good quality waist cincher? I have a slim, boyish figure with a 24" waist and 33" hips. The smaller my waist, the curvier my figure looks. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

:)

lindylady

A-List Customer
Grace said:
I have a few corsets, but unfortunately none of the real, custom made steel boned ones. I cannot wear them everyday because they flatten my chest as much as the cinch my waist! I love they way they feel.

Anyone know where i can find a good quality waist cincher? I have a slim, boyish figure with a 24" waist and 33" hips. The smaller my waist, the curvier my figure looks. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

:)

Try the Flexees brand in Macys lingerie department. It's modern, but it really gives you an hourglass figure. I also have a boyish figure, but when I put it on, I obtained that classic silhouette. It's very comfortable and lightweight too, so you won't feel like you're struggling for air. I paid $31 for mine, but Macys will be having their holiday sales soon. Just don't say out loud in the dressing room "Yay! I look like a real broad now!" like I did lol

Grace

Vendor
lindylady said:
Try the Flexees brand in Macys lingerie department. It's modern, but it really gives you an hourglass figure. I also have a boyish figure, but when I put it on, I obtained that classic silhouette. It's very comfortable and lightweight too, so you won't feel like you're struggling for air. I paid $31 for mine, but Macys will be having their holiday sales soon. Just don't say out loud in the dressing room "Yay! I look like a real broad now!" like I did lol

Oo, thank you! I'll check it out this week. lol I haven't been able to say i "look like a real broad" very many times!

GOK

One Too Many
Kitty55 said:
Fascinating thread!

GOK, I've been attempting to PM you, but apparently I'm not allowed...could you please try to PM me? I have questions for a professional! :)

Kitty

I can't PM you until you have a few more posts, Sweetie. I think you need to have 15 before PMing works either way. I suggest making a few more posts then trying again or email me at:

loviatar AT loviatarfalls DOT com

(Bartenders - I assume it's ok to post mail addies in that form?)

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
Shelf Bust??

Would someone please be so kind to explain a shelf bust to me? I am confused, looking at e-bay I have seen several dresses described as having a shelf bust and I couldn't find any significant similarities in the dresses. One description said the shelf bust is perfect for a larger bust (which I have) but I just don't understand why. I like to sew but I have never used a pattern with one so I just can't fathom it. [huh] I appreciate any help on this matter, thank you.
Missy

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
A shelf bust is a bodice with a built in bra effect (you often see draping or gathers underneath the bust line, or features such as a petal or wing bust fabric additions, added with the intention of bringing the bust "up and out"). This effect was very popular in 1950s dresses, as it really accentuates a full bust and the ever popular hourglass figure so desired during that era.

Here are some examples:

wd100FD.jpg

dv364c.jpg

IM000151.JPG

47b6cc25b3127cce8f8084e3f60f00000015108AatmbRq2ctP

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Mybabyjo waist cincher?

My garter belt gave out last weekend at a dance, so I'm in search of a new one. Right now I'm looking at the waist cincher mybabyjo.com has available for $34 - it looks cute on the site and would make for a nicer foundation than just a plain garter belt, and offer a little control under more fitted garments. Anyone have it? I'm wondering about quality.

It is on this page, 3rd item down:
http://www.mybabyjo.com/under.htm

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I have this waist cincher as well. It gets me down 1", and I can't even do that with my corsets, so I'm a big fan. I thought it would be uncomforatable to wear, but it wasn't, surprisingly. I wore it for over 6 hours with no uncomfort at all.
I think I bought mine from Lauren Silva, but they dont' have it online anymore. I might have bought it from Girdlebound, though. It's $33 over there.

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
I have that waist cincher too, & like Lauren, it takes me down 1". The first time I wore it, I found it so uncomfortable & had to take it off, then strangely enough the next time I was able to wear it for 10 hours straight with no discomfort. weird. but yes, it's very good.

GOK

One Too Many
I have the black cincher that Bernie's wearing just below that one and it's wonderful. If that pink/black one is anything like it, then I'd say go for it. I would also point out that I didn't go up a size as advised (I'm w-30/h-42) and the 30" fits perfectly.

fleur

One of the Regulars
Gok have you had your hair cut!!! Very nice.

I have a Rago high waisted open bottomed girdle that I wore for the first time on the weekend with six suspender straps - so comfy and it kept my seams straight all night!

GOK

One Too Many
fleur said:
Gok have you had your hair cut!!! Very nice.

:eek:fftopic: No I haven't! It's snooded!!! I curled it to go out the night before last and yesterday it looked a fright and I didn't have time to wash, dry and style it before my housekeeper arrived, so on went the snood! lol I was playing around with my webcam and snagged that pic, which I thought was sort of cute...inasmuch as I can be cute!

See my fab vintage (and pink!) frock hanging on the door behind me? I still haven't tried it on! :eusa_doh:

I have a Rago high waisted open bottomed girdle that I wore for the first time on the weekend with six suspender straps - so comfy and it kept my seams straight all night!

I have one of those but was stupidly optimistic in thinking a 28" would fit snugly. I've had enough of the extra poundage - it's going after Cashmas (the flab, not the cincher). :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy