Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortClara

One Too Many
deelovely said:
I am sure you really don't have big hips.... but why would you like them big?!:eek:

:eek:fftopic: I'm like PidgeonToe, I have a small waist and wide hips - and I love them. I wouldn't trade them for anything. I like 'em, my hubby really likes 'em, and I'm sure they will come in very handy when I am a-birthin' them babies.

Josephine

One Too Many
ShortClara said:
:eek:fftopic: I'm like PidgeonToe, I have a small waist and wide hips - and I love them. I wouldn't trade them for anything. I like 'em, my hubby really likes 'em, and I'm sure they will come in very handy when I am a-birthin' them babies.

We've got a pair of hips, just like two battle ships... :D Mine came in handy birthin' them babies for sure! An average labor of 3.5 hours for each kid.

deelovely

Practically Family
Josephine said:
We've got a pair of hips, just like two battle ships... :D Mine came in handy birthin' them babies for sure! An average labor of 3.5 hours for each kid.
Well me too, and my two deliveries were with shorter labor time also. But I don't have a little waist. Maybe that is the problem?! If I had a small waist, maybe I wouldn't mind the big hips as much! lol :p :D

ShortClara

One Too Many
deelovely said:
Well me too, and my two deliveries were with shorter labor time also. But I don't have a little waist. Maybe that is the problem?! If I had a small waist, maybe I wouldn't mind the big hips as much! lol :p :D

Well, I don't have any babies yet, so I'm cherishing the waist while it exists lol lol lol

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I just bought my first girdle - its great! My sister wants one now and she doesn't even dress vintage. Its comfortable and creates a really nice line under clothing.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Okay, I'd love to start purchasing some *real* underthings, but I need a bit of help deciding what would be the best for my figure. I have a bit (lol ) of extra weight in my tummy, thighs...well, all over, and I have an hour-glass type figure. I need a sort of girdle to bring in my tummy without destroying any waistline, and also something to prevent...er...(and this is where I'm glad that this is a girl-only thread :eek: ) heat rash between my thighs. Gross. Any ideas?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
sweetfrancaise said:
Okay, I'd love to start purchasing some *real* underthings, but I need a bit of help deciding what would be the best for my figure. I have a bit (lol ) of extra weight in my tummy, thighs...well, all over, and I have an hour-glass type figure. I need a sort of girdle to bring in my tummy without destroying any waistline, and also something to prevent...er...(and this is where I'm glad that this is a girl-only thread :eek: ) heat rash between my thighs. Gross. Any ideas?

I hate that too. I actually recently bought, well, basically a pair of bike shorts to wear under skirts and dresses, even though it's called a shaper. There's always things like this:
L-6207_plus.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I hate that too. I actually recently bought, well, basically a pair of bike shorts to wear under skirts and dresses, even though it's called a shaper. There's always things like this:
L-6207_plus.jpg

I have one of these, and its great but the garment fabric rubs and makes a noise :eek: So you could either use it as is, or put another layer over it (like the shaper Bella mentioned) which I do, and go about your bid'ness.

LD

PS

A-List Customer
Miss 1929 said:
i just bought another Rago girdle!!!

Rago is very popular here. I even had dreams of girdles and shapers last night!! If we had a chose just a few items from Rago what would they be? One more peice and I think I will be set for a while.

I already have the pink and black waist cincher
and 6 strap garter belt.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I currently do not use foundation garments but am thinking of looking into them as, like many people here it seems, I have a tummy that would look better sucked in! I think the main reason I have never got into girdles etc was because I was worried that I would like the slimmer look it gives and rely on them too much, as opposed to actually trimming myself up with exercise. Now I've been liking the thought of using them as a temporary solution. Anyway, I have a question which may sound silly - do the garter belts (that you attach your stockings to) show through when you're wearing a pencil skirt? Most of my pencil skirts are quite figure hugging and I'm concerned that the belts would look really obvious. Does anybody have this problem?

PS

A-List Customer
Sarah Louise,
The pencil skirt I have is lined so it really minimizes how much of the garter belt you see. You could always get an open bottom girdle..few have detachable garters, I imagine it would show much less.

Miss Roulette

New in Town
SarahLouise said:
I have a question which may sound silly - do the garter belts (that you attach your stockings to) show through when you're wearing a pencil skirt?

It depends on how figure hugging the pencil skirt is, whether it is lined and where abouts the clips are. I think it is only obvious on my very fitted Mode Merr skirt and my satin skirt, because of the material. Even then I doubt there are many people in the street who would notice and even less who would realise what the bumps were.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
SarahLouise said:
I currently do not use foundation garments but am thinking of looking into them as, like many people here it seems, I have a tummy that would look better sucked in! I think the main reason I have never got into girdles etc was because I was worried that I would like the slimmer look it gives and rely on them too much, as opposed to actually trimming myself up with exercise. Now I've been liking the thought of using them as a temporary solution.

Even when you are trim, girdles are a wonderful way to give you nice smooth lines and a firm looking silhouette.

Anyway, I have a question which may sound silly - do the garter belts (that you attach your stockings to) show through when you're wearing a pencil skirt? Most of my pencil skirts are quite figure hugging and I'm concerned that the belts would look really obvious. Does anybody have this problem?

Yes, they show. No big deal. Obviously it happened back in the day, so roll with it :)

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love those kind of dreams!

PS said:
Rago is very popular here. I even had dreams of girdles and shapers last night!! If we had a chose just a few items from Rago what would they be? One more peice and I think I will be set for a while.

I already have the pink and black waist cincher
and 6 strap garter belt.
My favorite is Rago 1294 which I bought at a good price from Patricia at www.shapeu.com. http://www.shapeu.com/content/descriptions/obg_descriptions/obg_1294descrip.htm I've had mine for over a year and I love it. Hope this helps. :)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
SarahLouise said:
I think the main reason I have never got into girdles etc was because I was worried that I would like the slimmer look it gives and rely on them too much, as opposed to actually trimming myself up with exercise.

I have to watch this! I have apair of the sort of cycling shorts shaped gripper knickers from M&S, but the only thing with them is that they mean I don't concentrate on sucking my stomach in! So I try and stick to only wearing them with my pencil skirt I have that is a bit small in the hips and use muscle power in my looser ones!

I can't wear my girdle under pencil skirts as I get a bulge at the thigh that is too obvious. Really it's too small as I bought my waist size and my wasit/hip ratio is almost 13" so it's a bit tight. It's fab under full skirts though as it trims so much off my hips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR