Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going Atomic With Dalton

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
So far I have found "America's Finest" used from 1935-1952 in ads, but I'm still looking.

The_Paxton_Record_Thu__Mar_28__1935_.jpg

The_Capital_Times_Wed__Oct_29__1952_.jpg

I'll see if I can try to find a date range for the change.

Thanks, I'm beginning to think it was just different marketing to different markets, and may not have anything to do with dates.

Those pre-1900 ads seem to indicate a different Dalton Hat Company (curious), started by Louis K. "Luke" Dalton? We seem to have, perhaps, two hat companies started by the same guy. It seems the ones we have hats from are likely the second company.

Started by Louis K. Dalton in 1923. Louis was apparently employed by a different hatter (Waring) prior to opening his own shop. This was sold to Leisten and Wilkenselb in June 1924. The company was moved from the Main Street location in 1931 to John St (other docs say School St.). In 1952 or 1953, the Dalton Hat Co. was sold and moved to Baltimore. I presume after the Baltimore move, it was more of a naming rights issue than actual manufacture. I still have no evidence any Dalton Hat plant was ever in Baltimore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB