Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gold hat pin interest

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Hey guys, we will be going back to Guyana at the end of summer and I had a brain storm not long ago. Gold is dirt cheap there an I had the idea of having some hat pins made up. I thought I would gauge interest well ahead of time. If people are interested I can try to arrange our trip accordingly, sometimes it gets too dicey there to be buying goldshhhhhhhh . It would be best to settle on one design we all can agree on. Any carat weight is possible. I don't know prices now, but gold work is really cheap and I won't be doing it to make a buck. Here are some pictures of things we've had made in the past
gold003.jpg

gold004.jpg

gold005.jpg

The gold work is not as refined as we see here, but it is still nice stuff. I thought we could toss around ideas and I will revive this idea as our trip gets closer and finalize quantities I will need.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bart, that sounds like a pretty cool way to get something unique. I could be interested depending on what they are able to make.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I was thinking of having Strat pins made[huh] And again no one will be locked in to getting one if they are interested and I wouldn't take money in advance. I just want to get a rough idea about quantity and if I have extra or people loose interest that is fine also. Its just gold and I can just get them broke down and get something else made with the gold on a future trip. This is just to toss around ideas. Maybe a simple design special to the FL[huh]

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
A gold JBS branding iron pin!!!

I like that idea and the gold strat pin. I also thought of small horse head pins for my Campdrafts since the hat is named after the sport that involves horses.

Pins specific to the Fedora Lounge would be cool too.

Keep us posted, Bart.

jpbales

Practically Family
what I always have wanted...

was artillery cross-cannons pin that's small enough for a hat. A lot of places make big ones, like 1" size, but that's not quite small enough for a hat pin. I can't imagine there's a lot of others who would want this tho.

insignia_fa.gif

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
How 'bout a badge for the Secret Hat Society.

Oooops. That just slipped out. Now you'll have to kill me. :eek:

Whatever you do, try to get the pin-on back part to be sort of safety pin style rather than the stem with the round little pinchy backing thingy. Aren't I great at using all this impressive technical jargon? :D

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
How 'bout a badge for the Secret Hat Society.

Oooops. That just slipped out. Now you'll have to kill me. :eek:

Whatever you do, try to get the pin-on back part to be sort of safety pin style rather than the stem with the round little pinchy backing thingy. Aren't I great at using all this impressive technical jargon? :D

I'll find one of my wifes sari pins and post a picture this weekend of the safety pin style back and see if the style will work. They do a simple safety pin design that I think will work great.

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Might be a nice idea to get The Fedora Lounge name or Logo with moderators permission of course. Or even a nicely designed FL . . . .

:arated:
handlebar bart said:
I also like the idea of a Secret Hat Society pin design:eusa_clap Any ideas?
I don't want to infringe on The Fedora Lounge's branding with using the Dick Tracy silhouette. Plus the SHS came to light at a non-sanctioned Lounge event. Some of these artist here can come up with a marque for the SHS I'm sure.

Subvet642

A-List Customer
gtdean48 said:
:arated:
I don't want to infringe on The Fedora Lounge's branding with using the Dick Tracy silhouette. Plus the SHS came to light at a non-sanctioned Lounge event. Some of these artist here can come up with a marque for the SHS I'm sure.

I'd be interested in something like that. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy