Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Era style for long hair

KenCarsonCowgirl

New in Town
I look at the pin curl tutorials and think to myself that they would look really cute on me....then realize that my hair is about two times too long to hold that sort of a curl. My hair is almost down to my waist. Which I like, because then I can braid it and pile it on top of my head (I've got the sort of face that takes well to high hairstyles). But I'd love to see if there are any of you out there who could point me to a style that's 'Old' that I could do with long hair like mine.

KenCarsonCowgirl

New in Town
Oh! Thanks ever so much for the links. I was pretty sure I'd searched the forums for 'long hair'before I posted my message, but nothing came up. Maybe I mentally searched. :eek: Hee hee! Oh well. The links are swell! I tried doing some bandana waves last night, just to see if they worked, but I've got TOO much hair to let it hang, curled or not. It just looks like some sort of fur coat. {grins} Yesterday I developed a little all-around-roll that I thought looked vintage: I pulled my hair into a half-up at the top of my head, then divided my hair into two parts and rolled it from the top down to the base of my head. Then I put it in a rubber band and pulled the resulting pony tail around the rubber band until it covered it evenly (am I making no sense at all?) like this:

eternal_roll.jpg

Only high in the front and not rolled there because the half-up. I need that half-up because my face needs height in a hairstyle to soften my rather European nose.
So far that's all I've tried, but maybe I'll get my hair cut a little below the shoulder and I'll be able to manage pin curls or something. But still, my hair is thick, so tends to give the 'afro' look when hanging down. ;)

Thanks a lot for the links, it gives me something to chew on and experiment with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy