Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Hat Movie?

eaglerich

New in Town
I'm watching "The Black Dahlia" on Cinemax as I type this. There's lots of good looking hats. Historically accurate? Personal opinions about the hats or the movie?

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's quite possible I'm the only one in the Lounge who enjoyed this movie. I'm glad they left a lot of the stuff in the novel out, like the trip to Mexico.:eek: I enjoyed the costumes, the sordidness, the yucky stuff, and yes, I suspended belief for the whole time, so I didn't look for accuracy or even good acting. Not my favorite performers, certainly, but I was entertained. And I hate new movies.

carter

I'll Lock Up
The Black Dahlia

Some hats from this movie are pictured in an article in the 1st issue of Classic Style magazine.
There are many good hat/vintage clothing movies. Two of my modern favorites are "Seabiscuit" and "LA Confidential".

eaglerich

New in Town
I wasn't exactly awed by the acting or the movie itself. I was at times distracted by goings-on around my apartment. But it was beautifully photographed with a real "vintage feel". I was wondering about reactions to the costumes, especially the hats. I thought they were great. Loved the classic cars, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart