Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good hats in the wackiest places

schwammy

Familiar Face
Has anyone ever seen the Argentinian film "De Eso No Se Habla" ("I Don't Want to Talk About It")? It stars Marcello Mastroianni as an older gentleman who falls in love with a young midget named Charlotte. Yeah. Anyway, he wears the best-looking panama hat I've ever seen. I'd love to have someone tell me what kind it is. So go rent the movie just to admire his hat.

Fedora

Vendor
I feel the same way about a Panama type hat worn in the remake of a movie with Dr. Moreau in the title. Can't recall the name of the film, but it was about creating monsters, with human and animal characteristics. I did not like the movie, but the hat worn by the insane Doc was cool. Fedora

Fedora

Vendor
Island of Doctor Moreau with Val Kilmer and Marlon Brando?

I think I may be wrong. I dunno. Seems like an old Burt Lancaster was in the film I was talking about. Did Brando wear a broad brimmed, and tall Panama in the film you referenced? If so, that is the one. My films are starting to run together, so I may have my films crossed up. :( Fedora

CoffeeDude

One of the Regulars
The Island of Dr. Moreau as been done three times. The first was called "Island of Lost Souls" which starred Charles Laughton as Dr. Moreau (made back in the 30's, I believe). The second one was titled "The Island of Dr. Moreau" with Burt Lancaster as Dr Moreau and Micheal York (late 70's). The lastest version of this story had Brando and Kilmer (mid 90's).

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by CoffeeDude
The Island of Dr. Moreau as been done three times. The first was called "Island of Lost Souls" whiched starred Charles Laughton as Dr. Moreau (made back in the 30's, I believe). The second one was titled "The Island of Dr. Moreau" with Burt Lancaster as Dr Morear and Micheal York (late 70's). The lastest version of this story had Brando and Kilmer (mid 90's).

Wow! I always thought the one with Burt Lancaster and Michael York was the first. Now I'll have to find the Island of Lost Souls. Thanks for that intel!

CoffeeDude

One of the Regulars
If memory serves me correct, i remember seeing a movie still from the 30's version with Laughton using a whip as well. Hmm ... a fedora and whip... now where else have I seen that combination? btw, it's based on an H.G. Wells book but I don't remember if the book was called "Island of Lost Souls" or "the Island of Dr Moreau"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo