Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good or Bad in a Hat ?

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Here goes : A non hat wearer ( not for long though ) starting a thread in the hat section. Just looked through the thread Marc started re Presidents having good/bad hat days and thought it might be interesting to see who you think looks/looked good/bad in a fedora from the world of celebrity, i.e actors, musicians, whatever.
I'll get this going by saying that (IMHO) Clint Eastwood looked really good in a fedora in the film 'City Heat'. Unfortunately I can't find a decent pic of him from that film and the one I've attached here just doesn't do him justice. Can anyone find a good pic from that movie ?? And lets see your offerings also - Good or Bad ;)

Colin

cityheat.jpg

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
188609_5.jpg

A side by side comparison.

Cary Grant was the epitome of sophistication, but I never thought he looked good in his hats.

Depends on the hat. He looked better - or at least his hat did - in Penny Serenade.

lrg_DVPSERE.jpg

Robert Duval looks great in a hat.

duval55.jpg

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Hemingway Jones said:
Cary Grant was the epitome of sophistication, but I never thought he looked good in his hats.

That looks ridiculous,...:p Looks like it's just too small. Both the size and the style. Funny how some guys just can't pull it off,...or rather , put it on I should say. :fedora:

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Maj.Nick Danger said:
That looks ridiculous,...:p Looks like it's just too small. Both the size and the style. Funny how some guys just can't pull it off,...or rather , put it on I should say. :fedora:

That's what scares me ! As a potential hat buyer / wearer..............[huh]

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
I meant the picture in the link you provided. It's the size of a small postage stamp. ;)

oh, yeah, the picture....[huh] weird how it turned out! Most pics I googled of Bogie didn't show him with any hats whatsoever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner