Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear Hercules Half-Belt

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
1938 Hercules Pattern
Horween Mustang Horsehide wax finish
Herc Full Front.JPG

Herc Full Back.JPG

Herc Front.JPG

Herc Back.JPG

Herc Side.JPG

:)

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Apparently john changed very little from the 1938 size 44 original Monarch Hercules that he took apart to make the pattern for this jacket. I think he only added an inch in the sleeves, and a half an inch in the length. Also, I have learned that the original had some kind of cloth inner collar and again, it did not have an inner pocket.

82cce070b635d7ff23ba02f694bbe74b.jpg

df230df675a7d9c69de8ce2ad52dfd76.jpg

392a1c18157d002e53d2b4dfcf8c3708.jpg

184293b4344ce6a29e0aeb068bc9cd7e.jpg

Not sure what magic John did on this Horween horse hide but it is really special. I think it is 2.5 ounce CXL, it seems lighter and less stiff than the Vincenza or Shinki that I own, and it has a ton of wonderful grain making it seem as if it is from another era.

I really lucked out with this one!

[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Oh Yeah!!!!!!'
Awesome!
Congrats!
Wow!

:D
What's so amazing is that it looks like a real vintage one, but with a great fit...and not a contemporary "re-make" of one.
My hat's off to you!
Wonderful score.
Thanks handymike, this one was a complete surprise, totally unexpected. I couldn't be happier. My hats off to John!

marmalademan

Banned
Take one complicit customer who will take what he is given, .Throw in one third dan black belt of jacketeering and this is another serene example of just what can happen.

Truly a delight to behold such an outcome. He doesn't exactly need it.. but it might as well be you @jonesy86

Fabulous thread

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Thanks handymike, this one was a complete surprise, totally unexpected. I couldn't be happier. My hats off to John!

Beautiful jacket Jonesy, but Tell us the story.. where did you even see that this was available? Im sure that he made this sample in his size, as he always does but was it posted on his sales page?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Very nice and a good fit. First JC Hercules I’ve seen in the wild, hide looks comfortable straight out the box - enjoy!

Thanks cooperson, i am quite happy with the fit and everything else about this jacket. The “leather is just freaky”, it has some decent heft but is very pliable and comfortable, especially for a jacket that has only been worn a couple of times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Take one complicit customer who will take what he is given, .Throw in one third dan black belt of jacketeering and this is another serene example of just what can happen.

Truly a delight to behold such an outcome. He doesn't exactly need it.. but it might as well be you @jonesy86

Fabulous thread

Thanks MM. Complicit, serene, delight, need........ Yep!
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner