Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear Modoc – Seal Brown Goat

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
With my recent addition of a black Himel Frobisher, I feel reasonably content – at least for the time being – with my assortment of black leather jackets. That said, I have not been content with my brown leather jackets for some time. I tried a seal brown Vicenza Plainsman, but that did not work for me. Next, I tried a seal brown Vicenza Premier Half Belt, but that also did not endure. I love my seal Brown Good Wear Imperial, but I always felt like it was an inch too long in the front and that impaired my full enjoyment. Thus, having taken care of my black jacket line-up, I turned my attention to my brown jackets.

The first step was to shorten my GW Imperial. No easy task given that I needed additional seal brown Shinki perfectly matching the existing leather. JC found the matching leather and the shortening is underway. Given how well my black Himel Frobisher fits, the second step was to order a brown Shinki Frobisher. That too is in progress and I should have it shortly. Last but not least, I ordered a brown Good Wear Modoc. I already have three brown Shinki jackets – Canuck, Imperial and the forthcoming Frobisher – so I decided to try something different. After examining a panoply of hides, I choose JC’s wonderful goat. The tone, weight, grain and texture are outstanding. I sent JC my Frobisher for sizing.

JC finished my Modoc yesterday. I am currently on safari in Africa and, therefore, it will be awhile before I see it in person. Nevertheless, here are JC’s photos of my new Modoc:

Good%20Wear%20Modoc%20010_zpsky24ptrw.jpg

Good%20Wear%20Modoc%20011_zpsso7fvk5p.jpg

Good%20Wear%20Modoc%20016_zps9gk3fmfx.jpg

Good%20Wear%20Modoc%20020_zpss3dvvmeq.jpg

Good%20Wear%20Modoc%20031_zpswfjr7t6s.jpg

Good%20Wear%20Modoc%20029_zpsvkjr4nmt.jpg

Good%20Wear%20Modoc%20035_zpsg34uryxo.jpg

Good%20Wear%20Modoc%20038_zpssrdxqpji.jpg

Meanwhile, I am keeping busy in the bush . . . yesterday afternoon:

Leopard%20010_zpsrfnpv0ue.jpg

Sunrise this morning:

Sunrise_zps0pcpiaeq.jpg

Cocker

Practically Family
Wowowow!! Superfluous, this one looks über nice. I'm eager to see some fit pics, and some update on the weathering in a couple months.

I don't see the Modoc on GW's website, though. What is the pattern this jacket is based on?

Wow!
That's so nice. The color looks great, and thee weight should be a nice chaange from the horse. Especially during these warmer evenings.
Safe travels!

A-1

One Too Many
Dayum, SF, you must be a happy human being! The jacket looks really beautiful and I hope you can enjoy the time in Africa without being too excited about the jacket waiting for you at home...

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Amazing! Both the jacket and the pics of Africa.

I plan to have my own of both in due time. The Modoc is about 6 months away and Africa will definitely happen one day.

You've made me a jealous man on two accounts with one post lol

The jacket looks great, although I will definitely go for the action back. Regarding the leather, does John send you samples?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Simple, understated elegance. And African Safari to boot. Got to be great being you. :cool:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
They got wifi in the bush? ;)

Great great Modoc, Craig. You chose the perfect hide to match the period. I W ill be very interested to hear your thoughts on it once you've retuned from finding (hopefully not killing lol) your spirit animal

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
looks gorgeous! Very nice leather choice. Goat is a great socal option.
Africa looks pretty awesome as well. Safe travels!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy