Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got a new hat for my birthday..

D00R

One of the Regulars
Last year for my birthday I bought myself a 3 inch brim brown borsalino...

I broke up with my girlfriend recently and my mom wanted to cheer me up for my birthday..I think thats why she wanted to buy me the hat, I told her I should be buying my own hats..she said I deserved.

This year I went back to the same place I bought my first hat.

I "Upgrading." as Sev said who helped me again when I came back :)

44974612dz8.jpg

I wanted to purchase and alessandria, in gray. It was my first choice last year but they didn't have the gray back then..
33253060ax9.jpg

52496790nu0.jpg

It fit's great, I'm still working on the shape I want it in, so heres my progress so far.
77093401md7.jpg

took me sometime with my first hat as well to come to the final shape of it I was happy with..
76322104kf7.jpg

I stumpled upon these in the store, I own a belt that looks just like them, same material with the gray stripe, so I couldn't pass them up I sprung for them with my own cash :D
26093838ze4.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
:eusa_clap Nice. I think you wear a thin ribbon well and I can appreciate the way that you incorporate it into your style. Very cool look. :eusa_clap

D00R

One of the Regulars
ThaNK you. Yeah I dig the thin ribbon, It's different guess that's why I lean towards it.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Happy Birthday...!!!
Is that hat on backwards?...Looks like the ribbon's on the opposite side...:D Great hat...love that thin ribbon!

I think we could use some pics of Bencraft also...:eusa_clap

D00R

One of the Regulars
Colby Jack said:
Happy Birthday...!!!
Is that hat on backwards?...Looks like the ribbon's on the opposite side...:D Great hat...love that thin ribbon!

I think we could use some pics of Bencraft also...:eusa_clap

oh no i took the shots in a mirror.

Yeah they have a cool store. I'm loving my hat right now I'm feeling greedy I want to get another color of it but thats not possible yet.
I'm really enjoying the start of collecting.

kabuto said:
Photo in the mirror illusion?

I wish I lived near a big hat store like that!

Yeah had to take it in the mirror, my camera where the little door that holds the memory card broke and when it opens the camera turns itself off. I can't even buy a replacement door.

I went through all my batteries thinking that they were dead. Until I held the door shut and the camera stayed on...:(

yeah I live not to far away from them. maybe an hour or less?

Maguire

Practically Family
and the most important question of course, what was the damage $$$$ on that hat, unless your mom didn't tell you?

D00R

One of the Regulars
Oh i know how much it was. I was going to buy it for myself a year ago..thats why I didn't want her to spend her money on it.

it was a good price for a borsalino. iv seem them go for 300 in nyc which is insane.
mine was 220 with tax.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Question for Besdor...

Is that a Borsalino in current production, or NOS?
The liner has elements of both. The sweatband does not
have the corrugation in the front, which would be present
in a vintage Borsalino. The style is vintage.

Edward

Bartender
Great looking hat. Overall look is tres Johnny Depp, actually. Any particular reason behind opting for the rifle up-bend in the front brim, or purely aesthetics? :)

D00R

One of the Regulars
IsabellaPrice said:
That hat looks beautiful on you! It really fits.

And I really like your hair! Thumbs up to you for not being bald. ;)

well I figured thats another good reason to have been wearing the hats cause when I have nothing else on my head I can rely on my hat ;)

Edward said:
Great looking hat. Overall look is tres Johnny Depp, actually. Any particular reason behind opting for the rifle up-bend in the front brim, or purely aesthetics? :)

Yeah Depp and Ive notice some people who fliped the brim with a hard crease to one side. I just wanted mine to lift up a bit more without creasing it, I tried for something different.
I used to always hide behind hats as a kid so i guess having one side flipped I can't always look down and hide away.

feltfan said:
Is that a Borsalino in current production, or NOS?
The liner has elements of both. The sweatband does not
have the corrugation in the front, which would be present
in a vintage Borsalino. The style is vintage.

Yes its a brand new Borsalino. I always wanted to find a vintage one but I'm always worried to buy it without trying it on. I might one day find one and take a chance on it.

Thanks guy's glad you dig the new hat:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass