Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great Classic Pocket Knives

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Remington

119544774_YRpWh-M.jpg

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Buck 703

I have carried this one for 20+ years. I find the key to keeping a good sharp knife is when I am asked "do you have a knife". I always respond "depends on what your cutting".

Michaelshane

One Too Many
carouselvic said:
I have carried this one for 20+ years. I find the key to keeping a good sharp knife is when I am asked "do you have a knife". I always respond "depends on what your cutting".

That is exactly what I say.I have always had a razor sharp knife in my pocket.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I usually have a Buck 110 or a 112 in my pocket or on my belt.
I have a Boker that I carry sometimes and its a great utility knife.

Highlander

A-List Customer
Well, pocket knives. I have a few, and here is a small sampling. Several Uncle Henry's (American made, I bought out a case that a dealer had and he was going to quit selling them). And lots of Case Knives, one of my old friends owned a hardware store and he needed to sell so many knives a year to keep his display(or something like that), so he sold me my knives at cost, and I bought one or two every payday. I have several drawers full too.

One in her was my Grandfathers, a Roberson. Well sharpened over the years.
KNIVES-vi.jpg

Highlander

A-List Customer
Grandfather's knife

This was the Roberson that my Grandfather "loaned" to my Dad and then he loaned to me. (Bad luck to give away a knife). This is an old Roberson. Sharpened many times, the bone handles about worn out.
Roberson-vi.jpg

cooper

One of the Regulars
A few knife buffs here

I usually carry this trapper,Amherstcutlery.com. Hand made stuff.

P1010244.jpg

P1010242.jpg

but I rotate a few of these oldies...
no names...
P1010262.jpg

An old Cattaragus
P1010007-3.jpg

New York Knife Co.
P1010190-2.jpg

Valley Forge,
P1010194.jpg

The nex two are WW2 Army issue, one in brass and nickel silver and one in steel because they needed the brass.

P1010091.jpg

P1010105.jpg

I could go on for a while.OK one more, an Ulster Dwight Devine scout.High quality with a broken blade I reshaped into a spey shape.Old stuff exept for the first one.

P1010029.jpg

Octavius

New in Town
I've got one or two!

knives2.jpg

I usually carry the Spyderco Delica at the top left, and the small spyderco is always on my keychain. Sometimes I carry a different one just for a change.

I've always wanted one of those laguioles!

Edward

Bartender
BellyTank said:

I have a few old knives somewhere, the usual - a Swiss Army knife I bought on holiday there back in the early 90s, an Opinel I bought on a Scout camp in Brittany in '88, that sort of thing. A number of years ago, I used to carry a German knife I have -the green-plastic handled, standard issue model. Great knife, cheap and easily replaced (or at least they were - don't know the issues now). Back in the early 90s, my student Saturday job was in a hardware store. They had a small supply of bone-handled, vintage style pocket knives which I believe were Barbour branded. I always wanted one, but back then GBP12 seemed like a lot of money to spend on it, and somehow it never quite happened. I regret that now, as even then they were no longer widely available, and I think that would be the ideal for me to carry around.

I love BT's knife above, but I highly doubt that would be something I could carry here in the UK!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch