Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great Classic Pocket Knives

Michaelshane

One Too Many
My pocket knife and shaving blade....

5619701772_c8511c647b_b.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Nice, I have many similar knives. All illegal to carry around in my town these days. I have to carry a Swiss army officer's knife - the old style with alloy handles. Good knife, I have 4. Unfortunatley even a Leatherman could get you arrested over here.

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
As rightly mentioned, the British knife usage is tantamount to anarchy these days, so I only wear/sport one when out shooting or field work, having said that, I replied to an advert many years ago in which the advertiser was expounding the virtues of a Stainless Steel bladed lock knife name the 'Bison'. I purchased it, it arrived nicely packaged and sheathed and so began a favorably constituted relationship. The only fly in the unguent is that it is notoriously poor in edge retention, one glide over the stone and we are back in the cutting market again... my advice is not to buy a stainless steel bladed knife.
I also have a Buck clasp knife made with a Damascan blade, it looks nice, keeps it's edge, but is so quick to rust up with just a finger print on the blade, once there it cannot be removed however.... be warned !!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Sorry Dated Guy, that information is...well, dated. Stainless steel is a great material. As long as it is performance quality such as VG-10 stainless. Holds an edge really well. It was old school stainless and cheap stainless that won't hold an edge because it is soft. My Spyderco stainless knives hold theri edge as well as my steel Opinels or vintage knives.

Dreamofgilgamesh

A-List Customer
I love those Lagouille knives, I have one myself actually. Not a wise move to have one on you in the UK these days as there's so many knife murders. Interestingly one of our major supermarkets called ASDA has banned the sale of single knives. However they will sell you a multi-pack which of course is great news if you're buying knives for your whole gang.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21