Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great Classic Pocket Knives

Somehow I tend to lose my folding knives. Lost a really nice Buck a while back and can't figure out where my Cold Steel folder is right now. Not as nice but I don't tend to lose them are my Leatherman tools. I like to keep one in my briefcase to handle the various "need a tool" incidents that come up.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
I love BT's knife above, but I highly doubt that would be something I could carry here in the UK!

Thanks, Edward.
That knife is quite small and the blade, quite short.
It has a locking blade and a folding finger guard, it is not a flick-knife of any kind. The magazine it's sitting on is a half size publication(A-5, I guess)
- don't be fooled. That was unintentional but maybe misleading.
It cost £20-something, from a UK vendor.

B
T

univibe88

One Too Many
KeyGrip said:
For something more upscale, I use a Laguiole.
IMG_1061.jpg

I wear a suit to work and carry a Laguiole almost exactly like this one every day. It comes in very handy yet doesn't clash with the outfit.

Outside of work I usually carry a Spyderco Paramilitary in my back jeans pocket.

CopperNY

A-List Customer
Schatt & Morgan 'English' Jack.

made in PA, USA. unbelievable quality for price. strong springs, a real 'nailbreaker' with incredible walk and talk:

2873342481_fd842d8305.jpg

or my 'beater', Uncle Henry 897:

(Image removed, hot link replacement- Bartender)

WH1

Practically Family
I still carry my original issue USMC demo knife not pretty but dependable. For dress I have a Guiness pocket knife with bottle opener I picked up in an antique store in Derry last summer. I also have an original Elishewitz folder I have carried on mission for the last 15 years.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
WH1 said:
I still carry my original issue USMC demo knife not pretty but dependable. For dress I have a Guiness pocket knife with bottle opener I picked up in an antique store in Derry last summer. I also have an original Elishewitz folder I have carried on mission for the last 15 years.

What does on mission mean?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I'm not a long-standing knife guy - I only started carrying it in my mid-50s - but I have a single-blade variant of the Buck Stockman (slimmer/lighter than the standard 3-blade model) that's always in my pocket

Personally, I only really carry two knives on me; one of the keychain sized Swiss Army Knives that's perfect for sharpening pencils and other little neat tricks, and my Buck 110 (hey, if it fits in my pocket, it's a pocket knife :p). They've been on me since I got them, since my father always taught me that a man should 'always carry a cigarette lighter and a pocket knife'.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I still carry my original issue USMC demo knife not pretty but dependable.

...just a "boozin' brawlin', jeep thief, woman seducin', lian' ba***rd
with a star sapphire ring, Rolex watch, and demo knife?"
;)

Lost mine years ago. Only complaint 'bout the blade was that drawn
stainless steel beneath a scorching Sun can flash.

Dave E

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Edward.
That knife is quite small and the blade, quite short.
It has a locking blade and a folding finger guard, it is not a flick-knife of any kind. The magazine it's sitting on is a half size publication(A-5, I guess)
- don't be fooled. That was unintentional but maybe misleading.
It cost £20-something, from a UK vendor.

B
T

The locking blade is the problem for us in the UK. We're limited to non-locking blades of 3" or less length to carry.

I have a variey of pocket knives I carry, at the moment it's most usually a Spyderco Urban. If I'm in a suit, then a Case Sodbuster or a Chambriard Le Thiers (elegant looking thing).

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Wow! Some nice classic knives on this thread.

I am a big fan of Opinels and Lagouiles.

Here are my two favorites I posted in the sharp pointy objects thread. I also have a larger Opinel I use for outdoors stuff, that is wonderfully beat up and very sharp.

396191145.jpg

Special presentation grade Opinel with mirror finish and horn handel.

My everyday carry, a Lagouile with handy corkscrew.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Chausseur, those Laguioles are sure nice. I've tried to win a few on ebay, but always get outbid. The corkscrew feature would require that I also carry a bottle of wine.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21