Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great New Stetson. Whoa $360 for a Stetson BENCHMARK. Must be somthing special! Wait...WHAT?

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here

My missive to Hatco:

Wait... so you want me to buy a special edition $360 hat and the brim may vary from 2 1/8" - 2 1/2", is THAT what you're saying here?

Because if I read that right then you people are right out of you minds, so completely out of touch with your consumers it is LAUGHABLE! Right off your collective rockers. 3/8" on a brim can be EVERYTHING! I don't know who HATCO is, but ya'll fall far short of the Stetson name you purchased.

Here I sit awaiting a NEW 150th anniversary Stetsonian, having paid twice what a new Akubra would cost, and my eyes fall on the above.

Let me ask you, are you in the habit of buying unseen clothing without a stated size. "Buy shoes from me they will be somewhere between a size 9 to a size 10 1/2. That's ok, huh?"
"That new jacket will be a Sm, Md, or Lg, guaranteed!" Der-de-dur! What sort of numb skulls think this is an appropriate way to do business? Get back to me.

Say, my Stetsonian comes next week and I'll return it in a heartbeat if it is not as shown or as described. I'm tryin' to give you a shot. You're make it difficult. I can only imagine what you're doing to retailers!

Confused,

Rick Blaine

...or is this simply stating it is a dimensional brim, in which case, never mind.

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
For the people who might spend this much on a hat and appreciate beaver felt (us) this seems like a big miss. I've got one more color in the Akubra Camp Drafts, I think I'll get that instead

Having bought three of the new open crown Stetson's I feel I've given them a chance. Found them wanting and never wear them. I don't see me buying any more

RJR

For the people who might spend this much on a hat and appreciate beaver felt (us) this seems like a big miss. I've got one more color in the Akubra Camp Drafts, I think I'll get that instead

Having bought three of the new open crown Stetson's I feel I've given them a chance. Found them wanting and never wear them. I don't see me buying any more
My thought as well.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

My feelings exactly. I have one more Camp Draft to get in a color I dont have but I'd sure as heck buy another $90 current production Stetsonian from the outlet, especially if it was in that lighter shade of "Fruno" Grey.

Rick Blaine

That's what I said last year after the "Original 47s".

Rick Blaine

Everywhere I've seen the hat it's stated as having a 2 1/8" brim but they are no longer made. If anyone is interested evilbay has a few http://www.ebay.com/itm/STETSON-150...EAVER-FUR-FELT-FEDORA-DRESS-HAT-/231550193390

Not according to the clueless customer services at Stetson.
My reply, received from Stetson, yesterday:

"Hello,

This measurement does not mean that it size of the brim may vary from piece to piece. it means that the size of the brim varies around the hat. In the front it is longer, the 2 1/2” measurement. And on the sides it is shorter, the 2 1/8” measurement.

Thank you for contacting Stetson customer service, have a good day!"

Pitiful.

Rick Blaine

"Hello,

This measurement does not mean that it size of the brim may vary from piece to piece. it means that the size of the brim varies around the hat. In the front it is longer, the 2 1/2” measurement. And on the sides it is shorter, the 2 1/8” measurement.

Thank you for contacting Stetson customer service, have a good day!"

Apparently not... all
Pitiful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner