Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greetings

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
DOUGLAS said:
Thanks for the info Mr Range. A general time frame as to when that type was produced is fine.I always thought that every major hat company would have kept a least visual record (if not the hat itself) of the styles it made just as a reference. I would very much like to know where that very safe place is. I need a few more hats to complete my Stetson collection.

Douglas, It's in Garland, Texas, just off Resistol Drive!

barrowjh

One Too Many
HATCO - thanks for your reply to my last question. Another - alternate finishes, like 'velour' or 'silk' - do these imply any decrease in the quality of the felt, or is it just an option in how you finish any FUR felt? (I presume that wool felt is not a good candidate for these types of finishes - please correct me if I'm wrong)

mingoslim

Practically Family
Before we burn you out . . .

I just want to make sure you know that like Rick Blaine and Kyle (above) I would pay top dollar for "new" renditions of the classic Stetson designs . . .

1. Stratoliner
2. Whippet
3. Playboy
4. (open crowned) Open Road

and heck, I'd buy one in each color also! ;)

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Having been to Garland TX to the Hatco factory I know where that safe is .It is full of memrobilia from the last 140 years of the company. When you walk into the Stetson office there are the ledgers dating back to the turn of the century. Unfortunately , they wouldnt give me a tour of the safe. But I did have a wonderful tour of the factory. I would recommend anyone to call Hatco and ask for a tour .

Steven

HATCO

Vendor
barrowjh said:
HATCO - thanks for your reply to my last question. Another - alternate finishes, like 'velour' or 'silk' - do these imply any decrease in the quality of the felt, or is it just an option in how you finish any FUR felt? (I presume that wool felt is not a good candidate for these types of finishes - please correct me if I'm wrong)

Until I get to the office I will have to give you the unofficial answer. Velour, silk, sueded, clipped, etc finishes do not decrease the quality of the felt. I will have a more in depth answer Monday.

Duck

Practically Family
GentlemanFarmer said:
Hatco,
Regarding Resistol bringing back "dress" fedoras. Does Resistol still make the San Antonio. In my mind it's an Open Road. I have one and just love it.

Thanks,

Robin
I too love these hats!!!! I would buy one in every color :D

HATCO

Vendor
Duck said:
I too love these hats!!!! I would buy one in every color :D

I love these hats too. I have a number of them including the ones my grandfather and great grandfather wore. Unfortunately at this time we don't feel that we would have the sales to support the manufacture of a Resistol San Antonio.

Bogie

One of the Regulars
Welcome

Mr. Range,

Welcome to the fedora lounge! I think it is a blessing to the community that you are here.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Another question for Mr. Range. During the period when there was the Royal, Royal Deluxe, Imperial, and the 100 - I've read that the 100 was for custom orders. Could a customer commission a custom hat using any of the 'levels' of fur felt quality, or did a 100 start out at the Imperial level (best 100% beaver)? If your most experienced associates there can clarify that, please do.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Custom Orders

The last time I was at the Stetson factory , I did see a few special orders that were done for customers. One was Stetsons top of the line 2500X hat in a royal blue that was ordered for a Mexican rancher. Why he ordered this color I dont know. But it was gorgeous . I did also see a few westerns that were being renovated by the factory for customers who purchased one of their Resistol Black Gold hats. These I believe retail for 300.00 so they want to keep the customers happy.
Would they make a special dress hat if it were custom ordered . Probably , but I think only if it were in their Beaver quality level . It woulnt pay other wise.

Steven
Selling lots of Stetson hats here in NYC

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
Welcome Hatco

What a delight it is to know that there is someone in your firm that has a true appreciation for the vintage styles. I wonder if your market studies indicate any potential market for the vintage styles, e.g., Whippet, Stratoliner, Playboy or Open Road? If you haven't examined this question in your studies recently, perhaps you should. The Fedora Lounge has nearly 6,000 members, virtually all of whom would have some interest in a "Heritage Collection" Stetson.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Range, I just learned about the Stetson Pinnacle. Could you post some pictures, and the standard information your sales dept. shows your wholesale customers (except for their cost, of course)? Any other information you can share with us would be appreciated. Thank-you. :eusa_clap

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
Hatco

Bump -

After the deluge there was silence. I just found this thread banging around. From the looks of things, HATCO is putting out more nostalgia themed hats. Is Mr. Range still with us?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
marvelgoose said:
Bump -

After the deluge there was silence. I just found this thread banging around. From the looks of things, HATCO is putting out more nostalgia themed hats. Is Mr. Range still with us?
It doesn't appear so, marvelgoose.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24