Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grindhouse

Trixie

One of the Regulars
Wow. Saw this last night and I wanted to get my own sawed off shot gun or machine gun and make those chicks at the table stop bloody talking!! What a bunch of chattering imbeciles. Ugh. Other than that it was awesome although really really really gross.

On a side note I couldnt help thinking this is the EXACT movie my boyfriend (when I was 15) and his friends would have made if they had had the financial backing.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
That's funny, Trixie. I kept thinking (during Death Proof) that Tarantino has no idea what women sound like when they talk. He may have an idea in his head as to how he thinks they talk but ladies do not talk like that. Does that make sense?

Trixie

One of the Regulars
Perfect sense! Not one gal I know talks like that and if she did, whew...

Also that guy in Grindhouse, El Ray or whatever. He could not get any cuter unless he actually warped into Hal Sparks.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I really want to see this now. I was afraid it was going to get terrible reviews, but now that I hear everyone raving about it I have to see it for myself!

Unfortunately, I have a low tolerance for movies over 2 1/2 hours as it is, and I'm super sick right now so I'm afraid I'll doze off. It better not leave theatres before I feel better!

Feraud

Bartender
LizzieMaine said:
Latest word is that the two features are going to be released individually some time next month for theatres that'd rather not have to run them as a package. Maybe they'll find the "missing reel" by then!
Ugh. Tarantino is pulling another Kill Bill volumes I & II.

Hondo

One Too Many
Snake

A little older, Its still has Kurt Russell, is it Snake Plissken, Jack Burton all in one? :eusa_clap

kurtrussell.jpg

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's the man!

One of the last studio-system (Disney) trained actors still working.

KR - They'll turn. They always turn. Learned that when I was driving the Sara.

MS - You skippered a yacht called the Sara?

KR - No, the Saratoga, the aircraft carrier.

- Captain Ron

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
I agree. El Wray (aka Freddy Rodr??guez) = Love.

Haven't seen him in Grindhouse yet, but I had a total crush on him in Six Feet Under. I can't imagine him in any other role, he was just so sweet and mild-mannered. I'm guessing he's a lot different in Grindhouse...

Hondo

One Too Many
carebear said:
That's the man!

One of the last studio-system (Disney) trained actors still working.

KR - They'll turn. They always turn. Learned that when I was driving the Sara.

MS - You skippered a yacht called the Sara?

KR - No, the Saratoga, the aircraft carrier.

- Captain Ron

Kurt Russell = The man!!!

Jack Burton: Like I told my last wife, I said, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see, and besides... it's all in the reflexes."

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It got #4 its opening weekend, which surprised me. I thought for sho it would rake in a #1 slot with a bullet (no pun intended). What beat it out? "Blades of Glory" lol oh well, Id rather see stupid fun than four hours of cringing gore most days of the week.

LD

Hondo

One Too Many
This just in, More on Kurt Russell

Tarantino's Ode to Jack Burton ?
April 11, 2007: I'm getting word from numerous moviegoers that in the recently-released "double feature" called The Grindhouse, the Quentin Tarantino-directed Kurt Russell film "Death Proof" includes a barroom scene where, tacked to the wall among other memorabilia, is the famous Jack Burton tank top! Pretty neat. Thanks to Rich, Kevan, Brad, and Raindog for the head's up! lol

anselmo1

One of the Regulars
I personally find Tarrantino's movies violent, repulsive and disgusting. To some it up in a nutshell, he is no King Vidor or Howard Hawkes. It is a good thing he has powerful friends in Hollywood such as Nicholas Cage otherwise, he might still be working in a video store.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got back from seeing it! I enjoyed the entire experience! "Death Proof" dragged in the middle, with some (unitentionally) bad dialogue, but redeemed itself at the end.
"Planet Terror" was awesome, and the the fake trailers were the BEST part of the whole thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points