Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

coble

A-List Customer
539999_10150955837925350_293064669_n.jpg

its now cut even higher on the side now, i did this myself. I've been told by my wife that she thinks i need to go to barber school. Now my hair is cut a little higher, i went to a barber and got it cut, its been over a year since id gone to a barber. I love this style, it works great for me as well, since my hair is thick as well, and if i grew out the sides none of my hats would fit. I've done the tapered sides, its a good look, this is my new change. I've been doing the tapered for a few years. I plan on getting my hair to my chin with the sides shaved. I have been debating on doing the long hair like its done in the movie Swing Kids, the hairstyles in that movie are awesome.

your guys haircuts look awesome, and Pera. t I think this style fits you. I think its a great look, and it is still vintage inspired.:eusa_clap

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
Looking good Coble, can't believe you cut it yourself! I know what you mean about the hats, mine were starting to feel a bit tight, after the haircut they fit perfectly :)

Two Types said:
I used to have a similar style - it was kept greased back, but when the wind blew, the front came down past my chin.
Haha, yeah I've had that problem, now I make sure I put plenty of pomade in before going out!

A lot of people I know that aren't into vintage style have a difficulty with the sudden change from very short to long, the change is too abrupt for them. My brother is of course about as heartless and cruel as he can be when I try this type of cut myself. Words meant to hurt is his best style of critizism of course all done in a loving way...

TeutonicHeathen

New in Town
ww2 era undercut

I have been getting a undercut and my barber insist on tapering it. I dont think it looks right tapered because then on the sides it looks buzzed and when I slick all my hair back the sides look like they puff out more. Do you taper a undercut? The stles im going for are like these in the pics posted below. Thanks for your reply

http://www.hji.co.uk/community/medi...0x400/disconnection-and-undercut-combined.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2900411920089413999ThUsun

The Good

Call Me a Cab
It's been four and a half months since I had a haircut, and my hair's starting to look long on the sides and back now, going below the ears. I'm likely going to try something different than my usual taper-cut, and I'm thinking of going crew cut, something like the cut sported by Daniel Craig in the new James Bond movie Skyfall:

http://watches.infoniac.com/uimg/max2-seamaster-planet-ocean-600m-Skyfall-watch-omega.jpg

Or, maybe I'll just try to buzz it myself at home.

Anyone else get the 'Hitler' comment on a short back and sides haircut? I know it's just a standard cut of the era, but it's slightly disconcerting to hear such comments, even if they are flippant. For the record, it was family members from the Mediterranean who made these comments, not anyone here in the UK.

Yeah, I got it at least three times at some point. It's annoying, but the more extremely tapered a hair cut is, especially with a side-parting (even more likely with hair slanted down the side!), I can understand the connection people may make.

Last edited:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I have been getting a undercut and my barber insist on tapering it. I dont think it looks right tapered because then on the sides it looks buzzed and when I slick all my hair back the sides look like they puff out more. Do you taper a undercut? The stles im going for are like these in the pics posted below. Thanks for your reply

disconnection-and-undercut-combined.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2900411920089413999ThUsun

Can't really tell with the hipster, but the guy in the vintage pic definitely has a very high taper, not a straight undercut.

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
Yeah, I got it at least three times at some point. It's annoying, but the more extremely tapered a hair cut is, especially with a side-parting (even more likely with hair slanted down the side!), I can understand the connection people may make.[/QUOTE]

You are defintely right, I recently got a short back and sides faded to 0 down low and for a couple days after the cut I had used royal crown hairdressing but instead of slicking the part back i kept it more slanted toward the side and I got "Heil Hitler" 2 different times in 3 days. it was really annoying its not like I had the little moustache:)

Yeah, I got it at least three times at some point. It's annoying, but the more extremely tapered a hair cut is, especially with a side-parting (even more likely with hair slanted down the side!), I can understand the connection people may make.

You are defintely right, I recently got a short back and sides faded to 0 down low and for a couple days after the cut I had used royal crown hairdressing but instead of slicking the part back i kept it more slanted toward the side and I got "Heil Hitler" 2 different times in 3 days. it was really annoying its not like I had the little moustache:)[/QUOTE]

People will always try to make sure that different is made fun of and seperated as the out group. Being historically correct is not their best ability they will jump to conclusions with only the most improbable connections.

Metatron

One Too Many
That's kind of the look I was going for: I want a long top, with a taper that isn't completely 'military'.
So I got this haircut:
haircutfront-2.jpg

Haircutside-1.jpg

Haircutop.jpg

I like it, but I would have preferred it if he left the 'top' of the sides a bit longer. But I reckon it will grow into just the shape I want eventually. [/narcissisticm]

*edited with friendlier pics

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk