Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
The boys and I went to the barber this afternoon. My 17 year old wears a very nice Flat Top. My 13 year old has curly hair on top, so he has a sort of high and tight short curly top thing-a-ma-jig. I got the crew cut, the old mellon's coverage is too thin for a Flat-Top any longer.

Oh, and we paid $4.50 per person.:eusa_clap

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
The boys and I went to the barber this afternoon. My 17 year old wears a very nice Flat Top. My 13 year old has curly hair on top, so he has a sort of high and tight short curly top thing-a-ma-jig. I got the crew cut, the old mellon's coverage is too thin for a Flat-Top any longer.

Oh, and we paid $4.50 per person.:eusa_clap

You could do yourself a favor if you favor crew cuts and invest in a buzz cutter. I bought a Wahl, with attachments, for $35 in 1995 and haven't paid for a haircut since.

You could do yourself a favor if you favor crew cuts and invest in a buzz cutter. I bought a Wahl, with attachments, for $35 in 1995 and haven't paid for a haircut since.

Sears usually brings out several models of Wahl electric clippers around Christmas time. I got one about 10 years ago and use it regularly. I have thinning baby fine hair so a buzz cut works fine with my square head.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
What style do you think I should do when I get it cut? Please note that I didn't put anything to slick the hair down, so it looks pretty messy. And with whatever ya'll think looks best, what would I tell the barber to do that style?

Right now (Pre-cut):
00613.jpg

Back:
00318.jpg

Part:
00418.jpg

What style do you think I should do when I get it cut? Please note that I didn't put anything to slick the hair down, so it looks pretty messy. And with whatever ya'll think looks best, what would I tell the barber to do that style?

The question is: What style do you wish to emulate?! Are you looking for a vintage or retro type style? Some people are shooting for a particular era while others maybe looking for a style that is related to their music preference, like rockabilly, etc.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just gave myself a haircut inspired by the "Lindorf" cut that originated from Dublin's legendary Waldorf Barber Shop, and I'm thrilled with the way it came out! Don't worry, I've been cutting my own hair for 20 some odd years, so I know what I'm doing! Obviously, Linda at the Waldorf is the expert on this one and her cuts are perfection. I'm pretty happy that I was able to achieve a pretty good facsimile!
I can't take pics, but the "Lindorf" is a severe version of a 30's cut. Here are some pics from The Waldorf's Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.419288374985.57296.73175404985&type=1

8 months later, here I am with my latest Lindorf knock-off, taken a few minutes ago:

lindorf.jpg

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
That looks really sharp Flattop! I have not had the nerve to try one of these, Im sure my barber could do it, I just had him give me a high faded part, and had the part straight razored in.

8 months later, here I am with my latest Lindorf knock-off, taken a few minutes ago:

lindorf.jpg

jemcgarvey

New in Town
My camera is terrible, but I have to plug The Straightedge Barber Company in Vista, California... not only are these gentlemen experts in the classic cuts, but they take their work very seriously and perform it meticulously.

img20121206211318.jpg
img20121206211251.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21