Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

-Max-

New in Town
I'm still trying to figure out this "having hair" thing, having gone with a No. 1 most of my life. My first trip for a haircut, to a general family stylist, may as well have never happened for all the woman listened to what I said I wanted. I decided I needed to find an old man in an actual barber shop, so that's what I did yesterday after giving it a month to grow out.

I had difficulty communicating my desire to the barber. I think he gave me a good haircut, and I may get what I'm going for eventually, but this is where I am now:

front.jpg

left-side.jpg

right-side.jpg

What words do I use to tell the barber I'd like an undercut? Apparently "I'd like an undercut" isn't enough.

It's really difficult photographing your own head...

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
best thing is to take a photo imho.
If you are going for a short back and sides, tell him you want it long on top, emphasise the long part. No.1-3 on the sides with a fade. I think.

the-magic-wislon

New in Town
That's a great find. Some fine barbershops in the US. Nothing much doing here in the UK sadly. It has crossed my mind to look at studying cutting hair at night-school and set up my own barbershop but we'll see if that ever comes off.

Bugsy

One Too Many
For gentlemen in the San Francisco Bay Area, let me suggest a visit to Nicky the Barber. Here you will get the experience of not only getting the proper haircut copied from vintage photos, but the entire Golden Age experience from the splash of Bay Rum, the dusting of talc on the face, and the whisk broom to clean off one's clothes. Nick also is on speed dial from Hollywood and is currently working with the producers of Boardwalk Empire so the male cast is properly groomed. Check you the site a cablecarclothiers.com.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I had my hair cut about a week ago. Decided to do the 'Public Enemies' Johnny Depp cut ya'll said I should try (it is a short back & sides). I think it looks allright. Also, my hair is a bit parted and poofed from wearing a hat all day, but before the hat goes on, the hair lays down.

01711.jpg

01811.jpg

scott mcnew

New in Town
I enjoyed loooking through this thread I love to look at 40's hair I would like to see more pics if anyone knows a good site or would post some

Alon

One of the Regulars
Got my cut last week. Inspired by Jimmy Dormady of Boardwalk Empire. I love the cut, unfortunately it stands out too much in the more conservative circles of the business world, so I've taken to side-parting it most of the time and sleeking it back only on occasion.

11216_10101632330723222_1792822333_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo