Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I have now come across an image that represents what I am shooting for, when it comes to haircuts:

duabu-vilma-vaiciule-Fran.jpg

I've come across the same picture on several other boards (even a bodybuilding one). Is that an actual guy from back then, or a modern model? The look is spot on period.

Anyway, I haven't got a haircut since my last picture in the thread. I'm just growing it longer again before getting it cut at some point in the Fall. It's about the circa 1963 Beatles mop-top length, but I part it. If anything, I might just consider having the back tapered and leaving the top and sides the way they are, growing long.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
This is Francois Verkerk, who models for Jean Paul Gaultier.

292692_474209719985_73175404985_1535748_1627390354_n.jpg

I've come across the same picture on several other boards (even a bodybuilding one). Is that an actual guy from back then, or a modern model? The look is spot on period.

Anyway, I haven't got a haircut since my last picture in the thread. I'm just growing it longer again before getting it cut at some point in the Fall. It's about the circa 1963 Beatles mop-top length, but I part it. If anything, I might just consider having the back tapered and leaving the top and sides the way they are, growing long.

Txmason

Familiar Face
Checkout "The Boardroom Salon for Men" Very manly. Plus straight razor shaves and Art of Shaving products.

Metatron

One Too Many
Anyone else get the 'Hitler' comment on a short back and sides haircut? I know it's just a standard cut of the era, but it's slightly disconcerting to hear such comments, even if they are flippant. For the record, it was family members from the Mediterranean who made these comments, not anyone here in the UK.

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Yes definitely, short from the top of the ear down. Remember folks from this era are dirt poor. So mainly very short or short enough to look good and save money.
Next time just take a picture of someone who has your desired hair style to the stylist.

Metatron

One Too Many
I did use a photo. And I am happy with the result.
However I think it may be that Hitler is simply the most recognisable figure of the 30s-40s to the majority of the population so their minds go there when they see anything vaguely of that time.

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
I know some of the loungers aren't too keen on this style of haircut, but I like it. It's hard to get a vintage style cut that will work with my really thick, dense hair. It's so much easier to style when there's no hair on the sides to worry about.

What do you all think?

hairfront.jpg

hairside.jpg

hairback.jpg

Brevetti

New in Town
Pera.T, you and I have the same hairstyle, and for the same reasons. Like you, my hair is very thick, and looks funny if the sides are not cut short. I figure that this haircut is Golden Era enough, as Michael Pitt's character sports it on Boardwalk Empire.

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
Looks great but I would've wanted a more gradual transition down the sides and back. You have great hair, though!
Thanks! If I could I think I'd probably prefer a bit more transition too, but I just can't seem to get it to work with my hair.

Pera.T, you and I have the same hairstyle, and for the same reasons. Like you, my hair is very thick, and looks funny if the sides are not cut short. I figure that this haircut is Golden Era enough, as Michael Pitt's character sports it on Boardwalk Empire.
Good to hear from another thick haired lounger! There's been some debate over the authenticity of Michael Pitt's haircut on the forum, but in my opinion it's pretty close to what I've seen in period photos. I quite like the severity of his hairstyle too, the Jimmy Darmody character looks pretty cool I reckon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff