Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair dye irritation

Royal

New in Town
I've stopped using traditional hair colour products for a few reasons, but one of the primary ones was that I would often feel dizzy and nauseous after using a dark shade. I recently used a mixture of black and brown Manic Panic and it didn't cause any kind of reaction. Of course, within a week, it had washed out. I'll get around to doing my hair again soon...maybe this weekend. I don't mind the "hassle" of colouring temporarily, though. I figure it's safer than what I was doing before. I don't know if this is helpful to the original poster, but it's a suggestion as an alternative. There's also henna + indigo for dark hair, but some people don't like the mess or the fact that it's generally a very permanent option.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know that at Sally's you can buy a product that removes the excess dye from your hair. It won't change the color but it might help. I think it's called colorfix.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Oh dear. Sounds to me like you have chemical burns landgirl. You'll have to be very careful when you use anything else on your hair ever again. My granny was a hair dresser and had an allergic reaction to some dye and could never use anything on it ever again. If you don't get on with the shampoos you ordered (though I can't see why you wouldn't!) I use the Jason range that you can get from here. They are really good and natural and no lauryl/eth sulphates too.

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Thanks for the link Fleur - scalp still spotless (and itchy) wondering if the chemical has only affected the lower skin, I guess I won't know until top layer has shed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24