Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

harrison ford's lost ark hat

lagunie

New in Town
The new Herrington catalogue is advertising a wool fedora- the same style that Harrison Ford wore in Raiders Of The Lost Ark for $49.95 - in 'temple of doom' brown. Just thought one of you guys might be interested. Web site is www.HerringtonCatalog.com.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For a bit more money I would rather wear this one.
DSCN3554.jpg

DOUGLAS

Off hand I would say the same maker as yours in your avatar an AB.

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
the thing i find totally different about you two guys' hats is the the the — dents in the front of the hat which that cheaper version doesn't have - or do you have those things, whatever they are called, put in special?

rsg knows nothing about hats — except the guys under them are usually cute!

Strider

One of the Regulars
Every now and then links like this one turn up, where someone is offering the standard Dorfman Pacific "official" Indy hat as "the same hat Harrison Ford wore". It's been established that it obviously isn't the "same" hat, but then, the Dorfman Pacific is the ONLY hat that is liscenced by LucasFilm, LTD. This most likely means that when an online merchant orders the hats, they get a press pamphlet telling them that they are the official hats, the same hats, etc. And in their ignorance, they say these things on their website.

DOUGLAS

I had Steve make this for the novelty of it but turns out it is a cool fedora and it is worn often. Since I don't wear it in the style of an Indy context people think it is just a cool looking hat.

Baggers

Practically Family
DOUGLAS said:
Off hand I would say the same maker as yours in your avatar an AB.

Excellent eye! Yes, it is indeed an Adventurebilt. Steve made it for me over a year ago and it just gets better with age.

RedShoesGirl, the dents in the front, along with the sharp creases up the front and along the top constitute the "pinch," if I recall. They're fairly easy to put into a hat with some steam and careful molding with the fingers. But to do it well, you need a hat made from a fur felt, either rabbit, as in an Akubra, or beaver, which is what our ABs are made from. The wool felt Dorfman-Pacifics are probably stamped out in one step using a similarly shaped block, while ours are hand shaped, hence the sharper, more personalized looks which are almost impossible to create with wool felt.

Cheers!

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
Baggers said:
Excellent eye! Yes, it is indeed an Adventurebilt. Steve made it for me over a year ago and it just gets better with age.

RedShoesGirl, the dents in the front, along with the sharp creases up the front and along the top constitute the "pinch," if I recall. They're fairly easy to put into a hat with some steam and careful molding with the fingers. But to do it well, you need a hat made from a fur felt, either rabbit, as in an Akubra, or beaver, which is what our ABs are made from. The wool felt Dorfman-Pacifics are probably stamped out in one step using a similarly shaped block, while ours are hand shaped, hence the sharper, more personalized looks which are almost impossible to create with wool felt.

Cheers!

thanks baggers! i used to have a dorfman pacific a long time ago, the guy shooting their catalogue gave it to me. i used to wear it to rodeos since even the media had to have on a "cowboy" hat. mine passed. :)

i want one like yours! hmmmmm, now where would i wear such a beautiful lid? does it go with skirts?

"shoes"

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I've never liked getting the "Indy" comments when I wear my hats. None of them are that style and I don't wear them for the "Indy" look. Yet I somehow found myself on the AB website yesterday.

I agree Scotrace, full circle indeed.

DOUGLAS

I wanted a gray one so it would not be confused with the film. It has a brown ribbon. I have never gotten a complement on this hat that included an Indy reference.

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Just recieved my Akbura Federation in the mail the other day. If you are looking for an Indy hat and cannot afford an Adventurebilt, Akubra is the way to go. I got mine from Hats Direct and bashed it myself. I love it!

deanglen

DOUGLAS said:
I wanted a gray one so it would not be confused with the film. It has a brown ribbon. I have never gotten a complement on this hat that included an Indy reference.

I've recently received my first real fedora, a tan Open Road, and already I've heard the "Indiana Jones" references. I'm amazed you haven't gotten any. Apparently color and style variations from THE HAT don't matter, if it is a fedora it's, "Hey, Indy!", and the like.

dean

DOUGLAS

Dean,Perhaps it is because I am in a city that has so much to look at people don't consider a specific reference. Most of the complements I recieve are from older men and women.

deanglen

DOUGLAS said:
Dean,Perhaps it is because I am in a city that has so much to look at people don't consider a specific reference. Most of the complements I recieve are from older men and women.

Good point! Context, context, context! So true!

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot