Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone tried Aero factory visit/tour?

high-maintenance

One of the Regulars
Oh yeah, go. Not only was the drive there (from Durham, UK) amazing, we got to stop in some neat smaller towns like Kelso, etc. and shop. The Aero factory is easy to drive by but is certainly worth going to - I grew up in a place/time where we had field trips to places like Bethlehem Steel, Corning glassworks, etc. to see how things were made. I love going and seeing how and who makes things.

I went in 2011 for my 25th anniversary. While the current (in 2011) management couldn't be bothered to meet me, I picked up my very first truly custom jacket there and got a tour from the son of the now-gone manager.
Got to see all the neat hides, went to the basement and walked around - the building itself is old and I love that too.

While the jacket itself turned out rather unflattering on me, it was an amazing experience, and I'd like to go back again one day. For sure if I'm anywhere near there, I'll go back.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a great place to visit! Maybe I'll get measured by the makers and place an order when I visit there. =)

GGinMP

New in Town
I had a great visit to the Aero Leather shop in late September. We were dropping off a friend at the Edinburgh airport prior to a stay in Edinburgh for a few days at the end of a Scotland trip. We did a detour to Galashiels and I spent an hour or so trying on different jackets and deciding what I wanted.

I went thinking I’d go for a Highwayman, since I like a slightly boxy, looser fit. Although the body was fine, I disliked the very large diameter sleeves on that model. I soon focused on the Premier Highwayman & Premier Half Belt, and decided on the later. I wear a 40 suit jacket, but found a 42 PHB to be the best fit (with adjustment to length and arms). I ordered it in dark seal Vicenza and picked a weathered Gordon plaid light weight wool lining and added a vertical inside pocket.

The Aero team was great and I had a wonderful time there.
f8584d94-effd-466e-9f50-209878.jpg
79b7d312-6584-4825-bf1c-8b582f.jpg

high-maintenance

One of the Regulars
I had a great visit to the Aero Leather shop in late September. We were dropping off a friend at the Edinburgh airport prior to a stay in Edinburgh for a few days at the end of a Scotland trip. We did a detour to Galashiels and I spent an hour or so trying on different jackets and deciding what I wanted.

I went thinking I’d go for a Highwayman, since I like a slightly boxy, looser fit. Although the body was fine, I disliked the very large diameter sleeves on that model. I soon focused on the Premier Highwayman & Premier Half Belt, and decided on the later. I wear a 40 suit jacket, but found a 42 PHB to be the best fit (with adjustment to length and arms). I ordered it in dark seal Vicenza and picked a weathered Gordon plaid light weight wool lining and added a vertical inside pocket.

The Aero team was great and I had a wonderful time there.
f8584d94-effd-466e-9f50-209878.jpg
79b7d312-6584-4825-bf1c-8b582f.jpg
That showroom just looks amazing.
I think being an English has a lot of perks... in terms of clothing/shoes/tea and numerous other things to enjoy...
Almost everything I like is from England...

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Their shoe selection looks amazing.
Amazing detail at this range of price.
+ I really dig their vintage style trousers. (Though I am not ready to wear suspenders yet...)
In England, and also probably Scotland too, Suspenders has a different meaning to the USA.

For your delight, here we have Tim Curry as Dr Frankenfurter or Rocky Horror fame
bdf6508ff9090493722701b56250d349_zpsuti9qbvy.jpg
Pic nicked from Pinterest

Edward

Bartender
Ah, dear old Curry... God Save that Queen. ;)

Wonderful for keeping your legs warm under yer trews in Winter, fishnets.

high-maintenance

One of the Regulars
In England, and also probably Scotland too, Suspenders has a different meaning to the USA.

For your delight, here we have Tim Curry as Dr Frankenfurter or Rocky Horror fame
bdf6508ff9090493722701b56250d349_zpsuti9qbvy.jpg
Pic nicked from Pinterest

Wow... Thanks for letting me know!
Tim Curry... one of the best actors of all time...
I read about a recent tragedy that he had a stroke and now he's in a wheelchair. (Good news is that his speech center is not severely impaired and he can talk quite fluently)
I sincerely hope that he gets well soon.
His role as Pennywise from the original 'It' was just impeccable. Maybe a cameo role in the upcoming film 'It part II'?

Edward

Bartender
Wow... Thanks for letting me know!
Tim Curry... one of the best actors of all time...
I read about a recent tragedy that he had a stroke and now he's in a wheelchair. (Good news is that his speech center is not severely impaired and he can talk quite fluently)
I sincerely hope that he gets well soon.
His role as Pennywise from the original 'It' was just impeccable. Maybe a cameo role in the upcoming film 'It part II'?

Yes, he had the stroke in June 2012. He's recovering well. I last saw him perform in Spamalot in 2007, and he still has the voice.... I hope he can one day return to the stage. Lovely man.

If you watch closely in the scene in the recent It part I, in the room full of clown dolls, one of them is Curry's Pennywise.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you watch closely in the scene in the recent It part I, in the room full of clown dolls, one of them is Curry's Pennywise.

I heard that but couldn’t spot him. Was it actually him in full makeup or just a likeness?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab

Mich486

One Too Many
That showroom just looks amazing.
I think being an English has a lot of perks... in terms of clothing/shoes/tea and numerous other things to enjoy...
Almost everything I like is from England...

Mmm people from Scotland are not overly happy when you refer to them as being English.... if I were you I would be careful(lol ;))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner