Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat advice at the expense of the Fedora Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

QMcK

Familiar Face
So are we "superdorks" or "megadorks" or "douchebags"?

Son_of_Atropos said:
February 1, 2010
by Jesse

Q and Answer: The Non-Douchey Hat

* A stingier brim will make you look douchier, but will also make you look less megadorky. For a young guy, I think that’s usually a fair trade-off. If the rest of your style makes clear that you’re not a douche, the hat won’t tip the scales.

So "superdorkery" is inversely proportional to "douchebagginess". Interesting.

This guy is the dork here. I don't care what teenagers think of me.

QMcK

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
My main problem with him is that he is using photos of our members without their express permission or that of the Lounge-----in a sort of backhanded compliment way as well. :rolleyes:

Yes. It makes me a bit scared of posting photos here. Not because some idiots like him will make fun of me, but because the photo could be used against me.

Geesie

Practically Family
QMcK said:
Yes. It makes me a bit scared of posting photos here. Not because some idiots like him will make fun of me, but because the photo could be used against me.

That is anywhere on the internet. If you put your picture up anywhere that isn't protected, it's pretty much fair game.

QMcK

Familiar Face
Yes, I know that. But I usually think ... will an undesirable bother to find and use this? I don't often put photos of myself on the internet. There are two that I know of.

===========================

Gone now.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really don't see how a photo of oneself on the internet is any more invasive than having a person looking at you in the street. It's just more permanent...take a picture, it'll last longer as we used to say when catching someone staring.
Since he is hopefully not making money off using these people's pictures, it's not a biggie. Freedom of speech.

Foofoogal

Banned
I bet he is making money. Most definitely.
Affiliate somehow?

I need to get me a t-shirt. I hang out with dorks on the FL. lol
Just kidding.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
QMcK said:
There is a simple solution to that. Don't put up anything that could be used against you. I somehow doubt that your character will be questioned because there is a picture of you wearing a new hat.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
My thing about the piece is, I can't figure out what he'd consider an "A"! His words don't help at all with that. [huh] Writing lessons needed, I suppose.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Hah hah! I'm sorry, but as I'm drinking my mountain dew throwback, I can't help but laugh while reading that. lol

He has some good points, but calling people like us "douchebags," "superdorks," or "megadorks..." that's just low. To be fair, he is one of those descriptions.

If he wants to register here at the Lounge, let him, but he'll have to keep his posts tasteful, or he'll suffer the consequences of moderation/rules.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Some peoples kids...

So, who let him out on a day pass anyway? "Writing lessons" is right. Before he starts throwing stones maybe he should pony-up and show us all a really good example of himself in an "A" outfit instead of pulling examples of others. Oh well, what can you do? We just "own" our looks & throw off the comments like water off a ducks back.

Cheers!

Dan

QMcK

Familiar Face
Yeps said:
There is a simple solution to that. Don't put up anything that could be used against you. I somehow doubt that your character will be questioned because there is a picture of you wearing a new hat.

Yep. It's hard to imagine how a photo of me wearing a new hat could be used against me. I would never post anything that could be used against me. I'm still somehow nervous of potential proliferation of any image of me.

Mike in Seattle

jamespowers said:
My main problem with him is that he is using photos of our members without their express permission or that of the Lounge-----in a sort of backhanded compliment way as well. :rolleyes:

And it's infringing on those users rights as well as MK's & the Lounge's. Those posting pictures here are granting this website use of them on this site. But if someone else copies and posts those pictures or content elsewhere, they're opening themselves up for legal action, and/or their site disappearing in its entirety overnight when someone files a terms of service complaint with the hosting company, ISP or blog service.

Mike in Seattle

Miss 1929 said:
JB, I think he is actually ALL of those descriptions. At once.

Ironic...

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I think his writing proves he's rather stingy-brained as well.

Mike in Seattle

QMcK said:
Yep. It's hard to imagine how a photo of me wearing a new hat could be used against me. I would never post anything that could be used against me. I'm still somehow nervous of potential proliferation of any image of me.

Well, 10-15 years from now, you're running for office on the Anti-Douchey party ticket, and your opponent is a Megadork...and then this old picture of you surfaces proving you're a closet Superdork...and well, there goes the ballgame...

Whole political movements have been destroyed by far less...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112