Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Conversions and Refurbs by John Galt

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
His ebay tag is "tgomes" with 413 feedback. Can't see any new sales (my 2 hats were the last he "sold" on ebay) nor new item sales.
His email have a auto-reply stating anything to do with attorney work is to be sent to another email and the gmail email is a personal one but still no reply. I can try to send to his attorney office.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone for all of these nice words.

Mike, I probably stitched that liner through the reeding strip and hid the stitches under the hatband.
Hello John,

Like your hats !!!

I have a question, if I buy a hat and it is 1/8 or 3/16 to big, can you work on it to make it shrink to my size?

Thanks for your time !!

Sincerely.

Rodolfo

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I have a question, if I buy a hat and it is 1/8 or 3/16 to big, can you work on it to make it shrink to my size?
Have you tried to use some filling behind the sweatband? I did this to a 7 1/2 and it works great (I wear 7 1/4 or 7 3/8).
If you really want to "shrink" it, soak it wet, put inside a car in the sun and let it dry a bit (more or less like in a oven).

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Hello John,

Like your hats !!!

Thanks for your time !!

Sincerely.

Rodolfo

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

It's a lot easier to size up a hat than it is to size one down. I've read about a few, "do it yourself", ways of trying to shrink one down but those aren't methods I'd be willing to try on a hat that has some value. I think your best bet would be to put some kind of padding behind the sweat to make it fit you.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Like you I'm waiting for John Galt resume working on hats that have come to him for a refurbish.
I have a few months in less waiting (November 2014), but I had very little information on progress.
Discreetly I tried to get some news on the situation, but the answers are not coming.
I trust John make decisions about its commitment to the effect that the situation has a positive resolution.
Silence never pays.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Bummer.........how much effort does it take just to return everyones hat?[huh]

Those were almost my exact words to him at one point. "How hard can it be to open your front door and give me my hat, then close the door again?" Roughly what I said in that text. No response.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I have reached out to him as well. Today, again with a text. He has two of my hats.

I'm going to text him again after the weekend because if he suddenly decides to give my hat back, I'm too busy to be there and get it until then. Hoping.....

Any word back?

John Galt

Vendor
Hi fellows. Just finished reading the foregoing. I'm truly sorry I've been unresponsive.

I've been spinning out of control for a while with trials, personal illness, and a close family member's illness and ultimately death.

Kingrat's comment is also fair criticism. I have always asked everyone to be patient, and you have been. I certainly didn't intend to try that patience as I have done.

At any rate, I'm re-taking control and getting back to your hats starting tonight.

Harv is at the top of my list, and his hats will go out by Friday. Then RClark and Blackthorn, I believe, followed by Joao & Danielle, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo