Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Conversions and Refurbs by John Galt

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Well, he's up to it again. I texted him last week saying I had no further interest in getting a free hat from him, and I just wanted my Fed IV back. No response. As usual. And we live just 30 minutes from each other. I'm done. I wouldn't do business with him under any circumstances now. If someone can't answer a text (or lots of them)....I'm done.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well, he's up to it again. I texted him last week saying I had no further interest in getting a free hat from him, and I just wanted my Fed IV back. No response. As usual. And we live just 30 minutes from each other. I'm done. I wouldn't do business with him under any circumstances now. If someone can't answer a text (or lots of them)....I'm done.

If I'd lived 30 minutes from a person and know his address, I would be knocking on his door and his work door until have a response.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
I don't blame you,Blackthorn.I think you have been more than patient.Hope you get your hat back soon.I still hope John will make good with the other guys.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez maybe someone needs to contact Perry Mason? LOL! This actually is a sad ordeal. Not one to say anything badly about another lounger, this seems that perhaps John Galt may have a big heart and wanted to do something for others here in a positive way, and over time got himself too spread out with many people's hats. I sure hope the best for everyone and that hats either are done or sent back, and that no long term hard feelings come of this towards anyone.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Geez maybe someone needs to contact Perry Mason? LOL! This actually is a sad ordeal. Not one to say anything badly about another lounger, this seems that perhaps John Galt may have a big heart and wanted to do something for others here in a positive way, and over time got himself too spread out with many people's hats. I sure hope the best for everyone and that hats either are done or sent back, and that no long term hard feelings come of this towards anyone.

I don't believe Tahj Gomes is so occupied that he don't have 30 seconds to reply to a email or cellphone message. Not replying is like hiding from something.
I understand he might not have time to work on hats but being silent/hiding it's not good.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I don't believe Tahj Gomes is so occupied that he don't have 30 seconds to reply to a email or cellphone message. Not replying is like hiding from something.
I understand he might not have time to work on hats but being silent/hiding it's not good.

Very true. As I have no stake in anything other than being a Fedora Lounger that appreciates the best of what we all share here, I do have to agree that it is not proper failing to respond. It may be he feels ashamed that he has gotten himself into a mess and does not have any courage left to deal with this? I cannot say as I do not personally know him. I do wish for the best towards everyone, and if someone has hats with Tahj, that he would send them back and just do the right thing.

I had a few hats I would have sent to him over the past two years or so, but hung onto them for some reason or another. I guess my instinct to hang onto them had some valid reason unknown to me at that time.

I hate to admit this but my Husband was always helping other people build up hot rod performance engines and at one time he had so much work to do (porting and polishing heads and installing cams and doing valve jobs) that he was over whelmed by it all. BUT he did make sure everything was finished and returned. It was not an easy task as during that time period he worked 70 hours per week on our regular businesses.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I've asked him to bring the hat to where he works so I could do that. Needless to say, no reply.

I think if you simply left a note on his home door, asking him please to let you pick up your hat, he should at least allow you to do so. I would do that. If he lived in my state I would go door knocking for anyone here. BUT I understand Tahj lives in California, if I am not mistaken. THAT would be a long drive indeed! LOL!

Hopefully he will snap out of things and get back to being responsible and have some dignity. That is my prayers for everyone concerned and involved. We all have enough issues at this time and I sure know how everyone must feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo