Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Feathers

Ok, I never thought I would ask for this but a friend of mine wants a source for hat feathers. Not the big pimp hat peacock feathers but the ones that we see in more tasteful hats (I know I hate the feathers too but he likes them and even wants to add them to hats that do not have them :eek: ). I also do not mean feathers in fluorescent colors either :D
Anyone have an idea where you can get just the feathers? I was willing to give him mine but he wants his own. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Yep, I should have known. I was just there yesterday with my friend but he didn't ask until we were home! :eek: Why do things always happen that way? :rolleyes:
Maybe we can get him interested in the Bavarian Brush that is listed on that web link you posted. LOL
By the way, I wondered what is going on with Biltmore lately. My friend bought a Rosellinin grade Biltmore and it has pretty decent felt quality. The hat was not cheap, of course, but is getting to be up there in the felt feel and suppleness. Are they trying to up the ante since Stetson is now making hats for the blind? LOL

Regards to all,

J

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Feathers

Art has a several bags of feathers, of all colors for this hats. BTW, how's that new Borsalino you got? You ever make it to Art's during the week......? Like a Tuesday?

Re: Feathers

Originally posted by Andykev
Art has a several bags of feathers, of all colors for this hats. BTW, how's that new Borsalino you got? You ever make it to Art's during the week......? Like a Tuesday?

I just knew we were at the right place but at the wrong time. :D I wish he would have remembered sooner.
I didn't quite get the hat just yet in the in my hand sense. The crown had one of those simple center dents. Art is going to make it look like MK's for me. :D I think the C crown with the two front dents will make the hat one of the best I have if not the best. No feathers included. :)
I usually cannot make it during the week. My darn job has this thing about me being there during the week. ;) Is Tuesday your trip to Art's day? :cool2: By the way, Art still has a brown Borsalino, just like mine, left. Same size, same style. Don't tell David. LOL

Regards to all,

J

Canadave

One Too Many
Re: Re: Feathers

Originally posted by jamespowers
By the way, Art still has a brown Borsalino, just like mine, left. Same size, same style. Don't tell David...

7 1/2? Too much of a difference to stretch, methinks!

David

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Feathers??? I have a few...bags that is!! The Borsalino that James is talking about dave is 7 5/8. Even then, it would be a tall stretch and wouldn't be able to save the leather. Also the brim is at least 2 3/4 and isn't a style that you have shown interest in yet.
It'll be up on my site soon

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by Art Fawcett
...Also the brim is at least 2 3/4 and isn't a style that you have shown interest in yet.
It'll be up on my site soon

OK, let me know when it's up. I'd like to see it, and probably wouldn't mind losing the original leather. (JP, do you have a pic of yours we could see?)

I may have to wrestle Nathan for it...it's his size!

David

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
James, this is an interesting hat. The weave isn't very tight and Stetson sold alot of low grade panama's over the years so I'm guessing it is a Cuenca. I wouldn't trust the "23" as being a size marker but I'm game for trying to reblock it if you are!!

I'll let you know dave when it's ready for viewing.

Zane

Suspended
Hat feathers?

I do not know how to get your friends mailing address but if you can tell me where to send them I will send him an envelope full of feathers.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Originally posted by Zane
Hat feathers?

I do not know how to get your friends mailing address but if you can tell me where to send them I will send him an envelope full of feathers.

Welcome aboard ZANE! Hope you mean the little colored fan shaped feathers comercially made for decorating hats....or are you a Kentuckey Chicken Rancher.....

Heck, James, just knife open an old pillow! You'll find lots of feathers!....LOL LOL

Just kidding, just kidding. That is very kind of you ZANE. If you PM any member directly, you can ask for their address and work out the details. Again, welcome aboard!!

Zane

Suspended
If you still need feathers

About them feathers. I reckon we could muster up some chicken feathers as well but have access to a ton of fedora feathers as well. You please over look me for not having much in the way of hat forum knowledge here but if that gentleman chooses to pass me his address, I will ensure he gets some nice new feathers for his hats.

Originally posted by Zane
Hat feathers?

Well now that is right neighborly of you. :cool2: I don't know what to say. This Lounge is loaded with great people. Welcome, you will fit right it.
He accepts. I will PM you his address but he can't let you pay to send them. PM me your address and he will send you the postage.

Regards and Thanks

J:cool:

Re: Re: Hat feathers

Originally posted by Andykev
Welcome aboard ZANE! Hope you mean the little colored fan shaped feathers comercially made for decorating hats....or are you a Kentuckey Chicken Rancher.....

Heck, James, just knife open an old pillow! You'll find lots of feathers!....LOL LOL

Just kidding, just kidding. That is very kind of you ZANE. If you PM any member directly, you can ask for their address and work out the details. Again, welcome aboard!!

Let me remind everyone that I am not the feather lover. LOL LOL
Art can vouch for me. I do have a friend, Jason, who is a hat collector as well. He loves feathers---not chicken, peacock or pillow feathers but simply fedora feathers. :D I would not open up a down pillow those dang things are too expensive to use for hat feathers anyway. :eek:

Regards to all,

J

Originally posted by Art Fawcett
James, this is an interesting hat. The weave isn't very tight and Stetson sold alot of low grade panama's over the years so I'm guessing it is a Cuenca. I wouldn't trust the "23" as being a size marker but I'm game for trying to reblock it if you are!!

Boy Art, I really have to give you credit for wanting to tackle that one. Actually I was just kidding. That thing is only good enough for using as a frisbee. It probably wouldn't fly straight as that either. LOL I doubt it would ever straighten up decently.
I do have two old Dobbs hats, one needing a lining and the other a moth buffet that you might be able to work some of your magic on. ;)

Regards to all,

J

P.S. C'mon David make up your mind. I hear Nathan reaching for the phone right now. LOL LOL

Zane

Suspended
Canadave, I thank you for the welcome. I never seen sucha place before where there are so many hat lovers. I never catered to much to book learning and never took no Bio but had a lot of agriculture and shop mechanics in school. I think they had them classes for us that was not too savvy on the hard stuff or such. I reckon you can say I am a simple man in a complex world is about all for me. I helped make hats for several years for local folks and others that would travel to us and found out about us some how or another. I was recently invited back to the growing hat business again and showed to this amazing new stuff. I reckon there must me 100's of people here that know and love hats. I am like a kid in a candy store to say it mildly. How long has this place been around?

Oh yea , James Powers, if you never got my reply , I have your friend a envelope full of features to send him out tomorrows mail. Postage is just a stamp and we won't sweat the small things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran